Honored Contributor

Re: DISCOVERING BARE MINERALS......AGAIN

@Shanus- I remember reading in one of your recent posts you stated you've learned that women over 40 should eliminate any shine/shimmer from their routine.  Doesn't illumination fall into the shine/shimmer catetory?  Isn't glow and a light shine the same thing? 

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@Shanus- I remember reading in one of your recent posts you stated you've learned that women over 40 should eliminate any shine/shimmer from their routine.  Doesn't illumination fall into the shine/shimmer catetory?  Isn't glow and a light shine the same thing? 

@San Antonio Gal  I don’t think women should glow in the dark like too much highlighting all over. I used several particles, literally, of the MV in the lid of the foundation. In this case, it took away the matte look more than adding shimmer all over. I wouldn’t like that. You’re right.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

By the way! Rimmel Exaggerate Eye Definer Waterproof liner lol mouth full to say...

Found searching YT...finally liner long wearing in my water line. Most days don't even need mascara. Bonus! No irritation whatsoever. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

@Shanus 

By the way! Rimmel Exaggerate Eye Definer Waterproof liner lol mouth full to say...

Found searching YT...finally liner long wearing in my water line. Most days don't even need mascara. Bonus! No irritation whatsoever. 

@Sweet_Serenity Thanks will make a note of that. Have used Rimmel lipsticks...liked.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus 

Make sure not scandle eyes liner. Definer is retractable. Wear brown daily not harsh with my silver hair..blue is lovely. Walgreens this week 2.00 off coupon.

Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

@Shanus 

Make sure not scandle eyes liner. Definer is retractable. Wear brown daily not harsh with my silver hair..blue is lovely. Walgreens this week 2.00 off coupon.

@Sweet_Serenity  Thanks for info. Tend to prefer pencils I can sharpen for tight lining since I can use my sharpener ever few times to keep the liner more germ free.

Respected Contributor

Well Rested is my holy grail, I break out in a cold sweat when I see I'm getting low.  I don't use any other Bare Escentuals makeup any more, but I will never give up Well Rested.  It hides the dark shadowing from my glaucoma drops. 

Esteemed Contributor

I've done the same thing. I guess I never quit using bare minerals completely. I always had a jar, just went for months sometimes without using it. 

About a month ago I started using it all the time. One reason I like it is the spf. I use a spf cream first, but I do like the spf in the bare minerals.

Valued Contributor

@Shanus

Hi I have discovered Mineral powder again too , but not Bare Minerals . I had used it years ago ,but it didn't agree with me . As I got older I switch to liquids, but even at 54 I still have oily acne prone skin. I know they tell older women to shy away from powder but for those of us with oily skin it can work well. I tried a few , but love Alima Pure satin matte . It comes in 45 shades and catergorized by 5 undertones ,plus it only contains 4 ingredients.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus ~

Oh how I loved Bare Minerals when I first tried it.  I used Medium Beige, and the shade match was spot on.  Loved the shadows, and the blush, etc.  When summer came, and everytime I would go out in the heat?  Itching all over my face like crazy.  Took me a few to figure out that it was the Biz~Oxy that is in some of the products.  I was so bummed!  I would go back to the powdery "mess" that it makes in a heartbeat, if that one ingredient was taken out.

How nice that you are enjoying your "new" stash.  Heart

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey