Honored Contributor

I purchased this and the tint, supposedly universal, was noticeably too dark on me. It also transferred to my clothing...even after 15 minutes of dry time. 

Has anyone tried this and what do you think?

Honored Contributor

Re: DISAPPOINTED IN JM'S SPF

I'm not exactly sure what it is that you purchased but I bought her perfect and protect face moisturizer with SPF 47 and didn't like it at all.  The tint color on my face was okay but the product itself felt way too heavy and greasy for my skin.  And then with foundation over the top, forget it.  And I don't have oily skin.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus   Are you commenting on the Protect and Perfect?  If so, I don't care for it either.  It rubs off on clothing no matter how long you wait.  The color was too light for me to just wear alone.  I also tried the one without tint and it is better. If you are out in the sun or heat, they tend to melt. (and sting) I tried one of hers that is in a tube called Whipped Body Butter spf 45.  It is okay for my chest and arms, but I didn't care for it on my face.  I like her oils and body butters.  I am not a fan of any of her serums.  

I am using Andrew Lessmans Sole' spf 40 and Active Argan 365 Solution cuttently.  

If you are still in the return window of time, I would. JMHO

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I'm not exactly sure what it is that you purchased but I bought her perfect and protect face moisturizer with SPF 47 and didn't like it at all.  The tint color on my face was okay but the product itself felt way too heavy and greasy for my skin.  And then with foundation over the top, forget it.  And I don't have oily skin.  

@Lipstickdiva   Yes, it was the Protect & Perfect w/ spf 47. That's a strange spf # , too. I've seen spf 40, 45 or 50. Spf 47?

Honored Contributor

I've been using ELTA MD UV Restore w/ SPF 40. The "restore" is fairly new to the ELTA MD sunscreens. It has some ingredients that are skincare: squalane, ginger root extract & others that "say" it imporoves the skin's smoothness, helps diminish dark spots...ya da ya da. I've not seen those results after 4 months of use, but love the moisturizing effects.  

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Lipstickdiva   Yes, it was the Protect & Perfect w/ spf 47. That's a strange spf # , too. I've seen spf 40, 45 or 50. Spf 47?

@Shanus , I don't know how they come up with an SPF rating but I was using one for the face that was SPF 36.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Shanus , I don't know how they come up with an SPF rating but I was using one for the face that was SPF 36.  

@Lipstickdiva   No idea how they come up w/ SPF numbers, but I do know that once over SPF 50, it's BS. An SPF can only give so much protection. As fair as I am, SPF 40 is sufficient for every day wear. I'm never sun bathing, so not sure if there'd be one w/ enough  protection for me.

I took the GDs to the pool and with an SPF 50, I burned and looked like a lobster...yes, it was waterproof. 

Honored Contributor

There are many people who do not apply the correct amounts of SPF products to give the protection stated on the bottle. So in this case it's better to choose a higher SPF than what you would expect to use. It's surprising just how much you have to apply in order to get protection, especially for mineral/physical sunscreens where those can easily be rubbed off...a big downfall when it comes to UV protection.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

There are many people who do not apply the correct amounts of SPF products to give the protection stated on the bottle. So in this case it's better to choose a higher SPF than what you would expect to use. It's surprising just how much you have to apply in order to get protection, especially for mineral/physical sunscreens where those can easily be rubbed off...a big downfall when it comes to UV protection.

@SilleeMee   Yes, a full teaspoon is recommended for the face/neck. This amount is rarely applied especially when women count on spf in foundation. Have you ever put a teaspoon of foundation in your hand to see how much it is? Never is that much used...at least I hope not. 

Trusted Contributor

I recently bought Josie's untinted face SPF 47, and do like it. I noticed the carmine was removed as a colorant from the tinted SPF and was hoping to try it, but the reviews stopped me.