Respected Contributor

Re: DID SMALL WEDDING MAKEUP YESTERDAY

What color shadow do you wear for your green eyes? I am very fair (white and pink) and have blonde lashes and brows. Purples just don't work. Copper colors have just the right amount of red.

I cannot wear black mascara; brown with a copper hint works well (Just for Redheads.com and one Dior.)I line my eyes with brown and an UD copper liner over it. Sometimes I wet a Laura Geller copper. But I've given up on e/s and just use a LG cream color. I'm seventy four so my lids aren't as large as they used to be. Ironically if I do m/u it takes much longer to look natural.

I feel like Dolly Parton: "It takes a lot of money to look this cheap."

Respected Contributor

Anyone? Green eyed girls?

Honored Contributor

@lavendar wrote:

@lavendar

Try a soft taupe ....  it's a nice neutral that can enhance your eyes, regardles of what color clothes you're wearing that day.   I have blue-green eyes and it really works with everything.

Respected Contributor

Thanks! I think I have a taupe in the same LG quad that the cream is in. I never match e/s with clothes anyway.

No blue in eyes. Shades of green. I can wear any shade of green.

Honored Contributor

@lavendar wrote:

So sorry @lavendar. I just spotted your post. With my green eyes (which have a spot or two of copper around the iris), I’ve worn an apricot shadow which really pops the green and is a nice change from neutrals. Most medium size palettes have an apricot, or close to it, shade. If your palette has a nude/taupe and a pink or orange shade, you can blend them together to make a nice apricot color. 

Esteemed Contributor

Wow @Shanus! I am very impressed with your skill in makeup and color!

Also I much enjoyed reading your small wedding makeup story, and driving back home in a storm, with so tempting wedding food plate! Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@sonechko. Thanks. I really try to answer most posts that mention “@ shanus” & missed the one from @lavendar. I had some time last night, ran through some of my older threads  & found this one. Mmmm. I became hungry again reading about that buffet. 

Honored Contributor

@lavendar wrote:

What color shadow do you wear for your green eyes? I am very fair (white and pink) and have blonde lashes and brows. Purples just don't work. Copper colors have just the right amount of red.

I cannot wear black mascara; brown with a copper hint works well (Just for Redheads.com and one Dior.)I line my eyes with brown and an UD copper liner over it. Sometimes I wet a Laura Geller copper. But I've given up on e/s and just use a LG cream color. I'm seventy four so my lids aren't as large as they used to be. Ironically if I do m/u it takes much longer to look natural.

I feel like Dolly Parton: "It takes a lot of money to look this cheap."

@lavendar  I did see an interview where Dolly Parton said that and I still chuckle when I remember it. She’s a piece of work. Natural looking makeup is not as easy as some think. If you’re not using the correct shades for your coloring, it can still look “over the top” or too done. The key is choosing the foundation (or tinted moisturizer) & concealer that are an exact match for you. Once applied and you have a fairly blank, even canvas, neutral/natural eyes, blush and lip color can be added. If foundation is even 1/2 shade off, wrong texture or applied too heavily, the natural look goes out the window. No one’s skin is perfection. I’d rather not use full coverage foundation and see a few spots/redness than see a “mask”. 

Respected Contributor

No one’s skin is perfection. I’d rather not use full coverage foundation and see a few spots/redness than see a “mask”. 

@Shanus This is also my makeup mantra. I'm not looking for "flawless", just "less flawed"!

Respected Contributor

@151949, it snowed on my wedding day too back in 1970. I guess it was good luck since we are still together. Haha!