Honored Contributor

DID SMALL WEDDING MAKEUP YESTERDAY

Yesterday was a fun day....a small wedding at bride’s parent’s home. The bride & I usually meet beforehand and have a practice session, but she had a recommendation from a friend of a friend, called 2 months ago to book the date and I went anxiously with my entire kit. She had sent a selfie w/o makeup, so I had an idea of complexion/eye/hair color. 

We had rain & storms w/ high humidity yesterday. I used a water based primer...Laura Mercier, but not the Radiance one because of the photography...sometimes looks too oily if too much shine/highlighting. We decided on BB Foundation Stick which has buildable coverage. I used a lighter shade stick as her concealer and 2 shades darker than foundation stick as contour...an easy way to get good blendability since all products were same texture/same line, MakeUp Forever Finishing Powder in t zone & Nars Orgasm Stick blush. Eyes: She had grayish blue eyes....gorgeous. I did UD Lid Primer,  a navy tight line, two Laura Mercier shadows and mixed a pale grey & lavender for lids, a darker grey in crease/outer corner, charcoal waterproof liner by Lancôme for top and bottom lash line. Lastly, Dior Show waterproof black mascara w/ Dior navy mascara on top to bring out the blue in her eyes. Since her brows were full, I just brushed them into place and set w/ brow gel. We lined her lips and filled in w/ BB Ballet Pink Lip Pencil, BB Crushed Lip Color in Babe and a spot of clear gloss on center of bottom lip. 

Although it wasn’t an overly heavy makeup look, when photography is involved, I have to amp up the eye liner, contour and lip color or she’d “pale out” in the photos. I  take a photo w/ my cell when finished to see if any areas need more definition. Then we go in sunlight (not much yesterday) to check color and contrast again. We used the photographer’s lights, just setting up.

The best part? A catered southern buffet early dinner!!! She invited me to stay for dinner since I had to be there anyway  to touch up makeup after the “I DOs” and before the wedding photographs. She even insisted I pack up a “to go” plate for DH.

I drove home w/ lightening flying and lots of rain. I debated whether to pull over, wait out the storm, eat the 2nd plate of food and then not mention it to hubby, but would have felt a little guilty. 👿

Respected Contributor

Re: DID SMALL WEDDING MAKEUP YESTERDAY

That sounds like a very nice wedding.  

And a great job for you, too.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus, what a fun day!  Thanks, also, for the makeup tips.  

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

@Shanus, what a fun day!  Thanks, also, for the makeup tips.  

@SXMGirl  It was a fun day...although a long day. The fried chicken, biscuits, BBQ and banana pudding made it worthwhile. 😜

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus, different food than normal for a wedding, but I love it!   What a treat for your DH (unless you didn't tell him that it was in the fridge!).

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

@Shanus, different food than normal for a wedding, but I love it!   What a treat for your DH (unless you didn't tell him that it was in the fridge!).

@SXMGirl. Fairly informal, small wedding...family and a few close friends. They love southern food & in NC, not a shortage of those caterers. His plate never made it to the frig. Called him from the road to get his fork and a beer ready. Lol 😛

Honored Contributor

My Mom's old saying -- Happy is the bride the sun shines on , but happy is the marriage the rain falls on.

It snowed the day of my wedding so she was left speechless on the subject .

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@151949 wrote:

My Mom's old saying -- Happy is the bride the sun shines on , but happy is the marriage the rain falls on.

It snowed the day of my wedding so she was left speechless on the subject .

@151949  Rain on my wedding day. I suppose 49 yrs. is proof of your Mom’s saying.

*** and DH says I’m full of the devil and always keep him guessing. 😏

Respected Contributor

You sound talented as a makeup artist. Glad u had a fun day.
Honored Contributor

@KKlim wrote:
You sound talented as a makeup artist. Glad u had a fun day.

@KKlim  💕