Honored Contributor

DID A TCA ACID PEEL LAST NIGHT

[ Edited ]

Since it's Thursday and no big plans for the weekend, I decided to do my seasonal TCA peel last night Wednesday. My skin's not too sensitive, but fair enough that I allow 5 days for the redness and peeling. This morning, it's really red! I have a coating of Aquafor on it and that or something similar stays on for a few days w/o washing my face or taking a shower. The object is to keep  the the skin from peeling/splitting for as long as possible.

By Saturday morning, I'll begin to shed tiny bits revealing fresh, baby skin underneath. Although I'm not going out, I'm covering the Aquafor w/ a layer of SPF (sun does come through the windows). Saturday night, my face will be pink, tight and cracking. At this point, I can wash off the Aquafor gently w/ warm gauze pads using a mild cleanser like Cetaphil and apply a thick layer of rich moisturizer. 

By Sunday night, although my skin will still be pink, most of the peeling will be over. Monday I can cover the the dry patches w/ moisturizer, SPF and concealer to go out. 

I'm left w/ baby soft skin, most lighter brown spots that my Obagi hasn't faded are gone. My complexion has a more even tone, fine lines are slightly diminished and my face just looks fresh and rested. The toughest part is staying in for 4-5 days. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: DID A TCA ACID PEEL LAST NIGHT

Did you use Make Up Artists Choice?

Honored Contributor

@Shanus   You are fierce!  I've always wanted to do this.  The next few days will be a challenge, but I know you are a warrior.  Enjoy your beautiful fresh face!

Honored Contributor

@henderson wrote:

Did you use Make Up Artists Choice?

@henderson   It's by RePare (25%) on Amazon. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@Shanus   You are fierce!  I've always wanted to do this.  The next few days will be a challenge, but I know you are a warrior.  Enjoy your beautiful fresh face!

@phoenixbrd   Thanks. Didn't feel very fierce while it was going on. I did get some numbing cream from my derm, but it still burned. I had a small blowing on my face which helped a little. 

Honored Contributor

AEC7E7E8-8652-4F9F-9AC0-6141D4EAB05E.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Shanus  - please give us an update on your skin.  How's everything going?

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Shanus  - please give us an update on your skin.  How's everything going?

@San Antonio Gal  Thanks for asking. Good Morning. This is Sunday and can finally comfortably wear my glasses to read/watch TV. The peeling is almost gone, still a few dry/tight patches and my face is slightly pink. By tomorrow, as planned, with a lot of moisturizer, higher SPF to protect all my fresh, new skin and some concealer in a few spots...able to go to the gym and go back to my regular schedule. I don't recommend it for someone not experienced. I've done this peel on clients and on myself. Let your derm or esthetician do the peels for you. If left on too long there could be scarring. I used one that automatically neutralizes after a few minutes, but I still soak my face in a mixture (paste) of baking soda and water w/ gauze pads to be sure it's all off...sometimes I stop it w/ that mixture before the stated time because it has frosted over evenly and burns like h*ll. I had very little to fade...a few lighter brown spots on left cheek (from driver's window) and I like the general smoothe appearance of fine lines I can achieve w/ this peel. Because I regularly use Retin A and acid pads in the morning, the results aren't as dramatic as I've seen on clients who experience smaller pores, fading of hyperpigmentation, rough patches smoothed out, etc. I do this maybe 4 times a year. It's safe enough to do more often for acne scarring or other issues that I don't have. 

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the update @Shanus.  I bet your skin is quite beautiful!