Respected Contributor

DHC white suncscren for face....

I don't know why but I hate most sunscreens for face.  I try to use makeup that has sunscreen but some do not.  I got a sample of this and I think I might like it.  It is white but dissappears on the face and is thin and matte.  It does not feel nasty on the face or oily.  I hate these small samples because you don't get enought to try it different ways with different makeup.  Wondering if anyone else has used this.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: DHC white suncscren for face....

What is DHC sunscreen? Is that the brand name? I'm confused by your post.

Esteemed Contributor

I've used it and it did dry matte, but on me the dry down has a slight ashy look.  Therefore I could never wear it without also using foundation.  However, I am a black woman (caramel brown complexion), so this is a constant issue which has forced me to pass over some otherwise excellent sunscreens.  Caucasian and skintones lighter than mine should not have the same issue with the DHC sunscreen.

If you don't opt for DHC's I highly recommend Josie Maran's Protect and Perfect Daily Moisturizer (her peach tinted SPF 47); or her untinted Daily Moiturizer.  Personally I prefer the tinted version because the really peach elevates my skintone.  I have received many compliments on my complexion when my face is donned with only Protect and Perfect, lipstick and mascara.  That said, the cream works beautifully as a base for foundation.

My drugstore recommendation is Neutrogena's Clear Face.  This one dries almost transparent on me, but not quite as well as Josie's.   

Honored Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

What is DHC sunscreen? Is that the brand name? I'm confused by your post.

DHC is a brand and White Sunscreen is the product name. It's a brand from Japan.

Respected Contributor

DHC is a japanese brand of skin and hair care.  I am always getting a catalog  from them. Their products are paraben free.  You can go on line to buy and the ingredients are listed.  There are always samples in their catalogs. It seems olive oil is in most things but never greasy.

Trusted Contributor

I have used DHC's White Sunscreen for years and love it!  It provides great protection and has never interferred with my foundation - liquid or powder.  DHC puts it on sale once a year in the summer.  I can't remember the specific month, but this is when I stock up.

Paws and enjoy life.