Occasional Contributor

I purchased this cleansing oil and have used it twice and my face broke out with what looks like acne.  Has anyone had this problem?  I also have Rosacea.  Could this be to irritating?

Honored Contributor

@sillycat wrote:

I purchased this cleansing oil and have used it twice and my face broke out with what looks like acne.  Has anyone had this problem?  I also have Rosacea.  Could this be to irritating?

I tried this one a few years ago and didn't care for it.  Lots of people like it, though.  It's hard saying, @sillycat, if the DHC cleansing oil is too irritating.  I might be for you yet not for someone else.  Then there's the theory that it may be doing a deeper cleansing than your skin is used to so it's bringing the junk to the surface.  I suppose you could run your own experiment.  Stop using it until your face calms down, then try it again and see if you get the same reaction.  My favorite cleansing oil is Dr. Young Camellia Deep Cleansing Oil.  I get it on Amazon.

Respected Contributor

Anything can be irritating, even if it doesn’t bother most people. The DHC cleansing oil did not agree with my skin either.  

Respected Contributor

I thought DHC was a bit strong.  I like IPKN better - google it.

Respected Contributor

@ Montana wrote:

Anything can be irritating, even if it doesn’t bother most people. The DHC cleansing oil did not agree with my skin either.  

Yes to this. Zinc Oxide is known for being calming. It's generally so non-irritating that it's often used for diaper rash creams. I can't use it because it gives me a terrible reaction. It does not matter that most other people have no reaction to it, if it irritates me, it's irritating.

I have no adverse reactions to DHC oil, but if you do, you should stop using it. I recommend noting the ingredients and keeping them on file somewhere. Next time you run into something that breaks you out or otherwise irritates your skin, compare the ingredients list and look for commonalities. That's how I finally discoveredmy skin reacts badly to zinc, papaya enzymes, and pineapple enzymes.

Respected Contributor

Been using Dhc cleansing oil for 11 years or so. I’ve recommended it to many, my dil and her family, my daughter etc. I’ve never had a negative reaction or heard of one.

Hope your skin calms down quickly. 

Any one can have a reaction to anything.

Trusted Contributor

I have been using the DHC Cleansing Oil for 17 years and have never had a problem. You have to wash it off with soap. I use the DHC Olive Oil soap. It is a two step process. If you are not washing it off with soap you may be leaving a film that is causing your breakout.

Respected Contributor

Neither olive oil nor rosemary agrees with my skin. Both are in the DHC cleansing oil.  I tried it many years ago and did not know then that these ingredients would be a problem.

Super Contributor

They have a new one they just came out with.  Green bottle - hydrating for dry skin.  I had a sample and liked it.  Probably will get it.  But I've been using the original for years and never had a problem but I like the new one better.

Respected Contributor

The newer version doesn’t have the rosemary oil. And there are other ingredients that are different.

Reviews on the DHC website are slightly higher for the original.