Honored Contributor

Re: DANA & DR. PERRICONE PRODUCTS VS. DIMITRI AND SKINN

I'm a Dimitri & SKINN fan and mainly because of what his products have done for my skin!

I don't need clinicals to tell me what I see for myself in the mirror.

Frequent Contributor

I have had bad skin reactions with both lines. Did not care for the Skinn night cleanser as it did not really clean my skin.

Valued Contributor

On 8/26/2014 KittyLouWhoToo said:

I'm a Dimitri & SKINN fan and mainly because of what his products have done for my skin!

I don't need clinicals to tell me what I see for myself in the mirror.

Kitty.. I am LOVING SKINN now... Somebody will have to pry my Orchid gel out of my cold, dead hands... LOL

It doesn't negate what P did for my worst skin ever...

Fighting for them.( formerly EMTHeart)
https://www.facebook.com/ChicagoAnimalCareandControl/?hc_ref=ARQABXWGU0QxJ8S0etv9UWoAqEOZu1NXSKeSB0FeztlSRyGYWx17U1XqY_nz92D_IGQ

Respected Contributor

On 8/26/2014 JustMeMelissa said:

Clearly since I wasn't addressing Bella , you are one of those posters who can't cope with differing opinions hence my "edit" of responding to you not being worth it...Wink

My POINT is that what works for one doesn't always work for others....

Then who were you addressing if not "Bella" and which differing opinion is it that whomever you were addressing can't cope with?
Regular Contributor

This is totally turning into a WEN fight.. ya'll know that right?

Respected Contributor

On 8/26/2014 JoEllad said:

This is totally turning into a WEN fight.. ya'll know that right? {#emotions_dlg.devil2}

No, I don't think it is. For the most part it's been related largely to differences in opinion in the approaches I'd say. Dana doesn't say much of substance and Dmitri has lots to say. I've tried items from both lines. Some I really like and some I really don't like. I'll reiterate again so that others may realize I have fairly good coping skills - my only complaint with Dr. P's line is a spokesperson who won't educate or give solid info yet will ask me to spend $$$ on a product. I don't care who wears what, who has weathered skin, or has had Botox, etc... I just want info from a line.
Trusted Contributor

On 8/25/2014 suzyQ3 said:
On 8/25/2014 BellaCarro said:
On 8/25/2014 JustMeMelissa said:
On 8/25/2014 fitfuninformed said:

I think ALL of you here should take some marketing courses. Wow.

AMEN! Although I would say MOST not all..Some of these comments are HILARIOUS!

Also when posters preface their "opinions" with "I am not usually negative" it's generally EXACTLY who they ARE...Hence the subsequent commentary...Wink

Finally, I have seen women ON THIS VERY THREAD get bent out of shape when hosts are criticized yet a vendor and their reps are ok...{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Perricone cleared my cystic skin YEARS ago and I LOVE Dimitri....

We should take marketing courses? Why, exactly? To what end? Simply to understand why quoting clinical studies or other advertising ploys are sufficient to sell product to the masses? I think we "get it" but are not a very good target audience since we question it and find fault in it.

JustMeMelissa - those are also odd comments, imo. I've read very few, if any, personal attacks on the vendors or rep in question on this thread. Criticism and questions about the sales presentations, lack of good information, but nothing like the personal and nasty comments often made about hosts. Questioning sales tactics seem like smart consumerism. Personal, snarky comments seem rude. Is it that tough to differentiate? How hilarious.

Ten thumbs up, BC.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Trusted Contributor

Very scary.

Esteemed Contributor

I never liked Dana, can not say exactly why, but I just don't trust her presentations. The products are so expensive that I was never tempted to try any of them. I always wonder who does these independent "studies" and where we can find them.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Regular Contributor

On 8/26/2014 BellaCarro said:
On 8/26/2014 JoEllad said:

This is totally turning into a WEN fight.. ya'll know that right? {#emotions_dlg.devil2}

No, I don't think it is. For the most part it's been related largely to differences in opinion in the approaches I'd say. Dana doesn't say much of substance and Dmitri has lots to say. I've tried items from both lines. Some I really like and some I really don't like. I'll reiterate again so that others may realize I have fairly good coping skills - my only complaint with Dr. P's line is a spokesperson who won't educate or give solid info yet will ask me to spend $$$ on a product. I don't care who wears what, who has weathered skin, or has had Botox, etc... I just want info from a line.

Bella please know I wasn't saying *you* were fighting like that.

I like you, was seeking information about these lines. What I didn't expect were some really bizarre posts. That's what I meant.

This whole topic could have been so helpful and full of information.