Trusted Contributor

Re: DANA & DR. PERRICONE PRODUCTS VS. DIMITRI AND SKINN

I think ALL of you here should take some marketing courses. Wow.

Valued Contributor

On 8/25/2014 fitfuninformed said:

AMEN! Although I would say MOST not all..Some of these comments are HILARIOUS!

Also when posters preface their "opinions" with "I am not usually negative" it's generally EXACTLY who they ARE...Hence the subsequent commentary...Wink

Finally, I have seen women ON THIS VERY THREAD get bent out of shape when hosts are criticized yet a vendor and their reps are ok...{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Perricone cleared my cystic skin YEARS ago and I LOVE Dimitri....

Fighting for them.( formerly EMTHeart)
https://www.facebook.com/ChicagoAnimalCareandControl/?hc_ref=ARQABXWGU0QxJ8S0etv9UWoAqEOZu1NXSKeSB0FeztlSRyGYWx17U1XqY_nz92D_IGQ

Honored Contributor

The clinical BS sounds good technically but if real results aren't seen by regular women it's just that clinical BS!! I have tried many products with all the impressive clinical mumbo jumbo only to find that for me the products did nothing. In the end I usually rely on the results I see when I try something that peaks my interest.

Respected Contributor

On 8/24/2014 chisos said: No offense meant to anyone but my honest opinion is that Dana and Dr. P look like they need to use Dermappeal.

Thanks for the best laugh I've had today! Perfect response.

Respected Contributor

On 8/25/2014 JustMeMelissa said:

Also when posters preface their "opinions" with "I am not usually negative" it's generally EXACTLY who they ARE...Hence the subsequent commentary...Wink

Finally, I have seen women ON THIS VERY THREAD get bent out of shape when hosts are criticized yet a vendor and their reps are ok...{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

We should take marketing courses? Why, exactly? To what end? Simply to understand why quoting clinical studies or other advertising ploys are sufficient to sell product to the masses? I think we "get it" but are not a very good target audience since we question it and find fault in it.

JustMeMelissa - those are also odd comments, imo. I've read very few, if any, personal attacks on the vendors or rep in question on this thread. Criticism and questions about the sales presentations, lack of good information, but nothing like the personal and nasty comments often made about hosts. Questioning sales tactics seem like smart consumerism. Personal, snarky comments seem rude. Is it that tough to differentiate? How hilarious.

Honored Contributor

On 8/25/2014 BellaCarro said:

We should take marketing courses? Why, exactly? To what end? Simply to understand why quoting clinical studies or other advertising ploys are sufficient to sell product to the masses? I think we "get it" but are not a very good target audience since we question it and find fault in it.

JustMeMelissa - those are also odd comments, imo. I've read very few, if any, personal attacks on the vendors or rep in question on this thread. Criticism and questions about the sales presentations, lack of good information, but nothing like the personal and nasty comments often made about hosts. Questioning sales tactics seem like smart consumerism. Personal, snarky comments seem rude. Is it that tough to differentiate? How hilarious.

Ten thumbs up, BC.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

On 8/24/2014 suzyQ3 said:
On 8/24/2014 Pook said:

I am more impressed finding out how women who actually tried the products see them rather than some clinical BS.

Really? I'm afraid that when it comes to skincare, especially for those battling aging issues, women can easily fool themselves and skew the "results." Anecdotal reporting, while interesting, tells us only what an individual thinks she's seeing.

"Clinical BS," as you call it, at least does give us some credible data to consider.

Exactly! Someone trying a product knowing they will be asked about it, may want to please and say whatever they think the questioner wants to hear. Clinical data is measurable data; it's not an opinion.

Valued Contributor

Nevermind..

not worth my response..

https://www.facebook.com/ChicagoAnimalCareandControl/?hc_ref=ARQABXWGU0QxJ8S0etv9UWoAqEOZu1NXSKeSB0FeztlSRyGYWx17U1XqY_nz92D_IGQ

Respected Contributor

Really ,Bella ? please define odd..

i was VERY clear in my response and if you are saying you don't read negativity about their LOOKS in this thread , you have extremely selective reading skills...Wink

I stand by EVERY comment I made whether you approve or not...Smile

Agreed. Not worth it.
Valued Contributor

Clearly since I wasn't addressing Bella , you are one of those posters who can't cope with differing opinions hence my "edit" of responding to you not being worth it...Wink

My POINT is that what works for one doesn't always work for others....