Respected Contributor

Re: DANA & DR. PERRICONE PRODUCTS VS. DIMITRI AND SKINN

On 8/23/2014 Beejene said: Are you kidding? How can you use Dimiti and Dr Perricone in the same breath. Dimitri the make-up artist and Dr. Perricone only one of the top Dermstologists and researchers in the country!!! Dr. Perricone used to present his own products when they first came out then he found Dana who does an excellent job. Her skin is gorgeous who needs Perricone to be there or models. Dana's skin is a great testimonial. Dr Perricone's products are high end serious skin care. It's not uncommon for Vitamin C serum to make your skin red. If it bothers you so much then maybe you just can't use it. Skinn products are not even in the same league as Perricone!!! It's like comparing a prescription based product (Perricone) to a cheap over-the-counter (Skinn)beauty product.. By the way, Dr Perricone is from my area and he doesn't have time to appear on QVC. He is busy being a prestigeous / in demand doctor and researcher.

Firstly, I have to strenuously disagree that Dana "does an excellent job". Well, I guess, actually, that depends on what "an excellent job" is and what the goals are. As a consumer, and an educated one who will do independent research, I expect the spokesperson to tell me about the product. What it does, how it does it, educate me about the ingredients, how they came to formulated in the product, why it works, where in the skincare regimen it is used and why. Dana does absolutely none of this. She stands there looking pretty and gushes about the good doctor and how fabulous he and this newest product are. I have never heard her tell me why, how, when about a product in a presentation. Lots and lots of adjectives and adverbs. I've given her ample opportunities but each time I find the presentation sorely lacking in any facts or science. Again, gushy adjectives abound. It drives me batty and to the point of changing a channel or avoiding the next presentation.

Secondly, Dr. P is too prestigious and in demand?! Really? That is very presumptuous on your part and if it is true, shame on him for not taking time to bother to educate those using his products and from whom he is making $$$$$. I notice another often quoted doctor and heavy researcher, Jeanette Graf, does take time to educate her consumer base occasionally. I have seen her quoted many times on a myriad of skin care issues and yet she can whittle out time to mingle with the mere masses. I have never seen Dr. Perricone quoted in articles, medical journals, beauty mags, anywhere. When has he last published his findings in a scientific journal?

You've actually pointed out the two serious issues I have with the Perricone line: a spokesperson who is all puff and gush and a doctor behind the scenes blowing out smoke and mirrors giving an arrogant Oz like persona.

Honored Contributor

On 8/23/2014 BellaCarro said:
On 8/23/2014 Beejene said: Are you kidding? How can you use Dimiti and Dr Perricone in the same breath. Dimitri the make-up artist and Dr. Perricone only one of the top Dermstologists and researchers in the country!!! Dr. Perricone used to present his own products when they first came out then he found Dana who does an excellent job. Her skin is gorgeous who needs Perricone to be there or models. Dana's skin is a great testimonial. Dr Perricone's products are high end serious skin care. It's not uncommon for Vitamin C serum to make your skin red. If it bothers you so much then maybe you just can't use it. Skinn products are not even in the same league as Perricone!!! It's like comparing a prescription based product (Perricone) to a cheap over-the-counter (Skinn)beauty product.. By the way, Dr Perricone is from my area and he doesn't have time to appear on QVC. He is busy being a prestigeous / in demand doctor and researcher.

Firstly, I have to strenuously disagree that Dana "does an excellent job". Well, I guess, actually, that depends on what "an excellent job" is and what the goals are. As a consumer, and an educated one who will do independent research, I expect the spokesperson to tell me about the product. What it does, how it does it, educate me about the ingredients, how they came to formulated in the product, why it works, where in the skincare regimen it is used and why. Dana does absolutely none of this. She stands there looking pretty and gushes about the good doctor and how fabulous he and this newest product is. I have never heard her tell me why, how, when about a product in a presentation. Lots and lots of adjectives and adverbs. I've given her ample opportunities but each time I find the presentation sorely lacking in any facts or science. Again, gushy adjectives abound. It drives me batty and to the point of changing a channel or avoiding the next presentation.

Secondly, Dr. P is too prestigious and in demand?! Really? That is very presumptuous on your part and if it is true, shame on him for not taking time to bother to educate those using his products and from whom he is making $$$$$. I notice another often quoted doctor and heavy researcher, Jeanette Graf, does take time to educate her consumer base occasionally. I have seen her quoted many times on a myriad of skin care issues and yet she can whittle out time to mingle with the mere masses. I have never seen Dr. Perricone quoted in articles, medical journals, beauty mags, anywhere. When has he last published his findings in a scientific journal?

You've actually pointed out the two serious issues I have with the Perricone line: a spokesperson who is all puff and gush and a doctor behind the scenes blowing out smoke and mirrors giving an arrogant Oz like persona.

BellaCarro-very, very well stated. You should copy your post and submit it in the suggestion or q did what sections. I remember him from the PBS shows, umm maybe 10 years ago or longer? He's become a hermit, or is he still alive???? Something is really off.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Trusted Contributor

On 8/23/2014 Pook said:

I use and swear by products from both lines. I use Skinn dermapeel, lip6x, all the pore products and tinted orchid gel but I also use Perricone no foundation foundation and concealor which for me is the absolute best I ever used. I also like and use Perricone,s neopeptide necollolatage.

Both Dimitri and Dr Perricone are admitted sun worshippers and some age better than others regardless. Dimitri is 10 or more years younger than Dr Perricone and when on air he keeps his skin lathered up with his products and usually looks greasy/shiny. Dr Perricone is anti botox which I like and Dimitri appears to have used fillers (which is his choice and he doesn't claim he hasn't) as his face isn't the same as when he first started airing on HSN. No product is going to perform miracles anyway on anyone!

There is no need to rip apart one or the other as no product is perfect for everyone!!

I agree with you. I use products from both lines. As with any line, some products work for some & not for others. Dr Perricone is at least 66 years old and Dimitri just turned 50 as I recall. 16 years makes a lot of difference. I like Perricone's C Ester, Amine High Potency Face & Evening High Potency serums. I haven't had much luck with Perricone eye treatments. Did not care for Skinn's Vitamin C powder at all. Tried it mixed with the Huiile & hydrosurge serums & my face broke out badly. I tossed all three in the trash. In Skinn-I do like his Dermappeal and his day & night cleansers. In winter I like his Collagenesis 24 Hour Youth Preservation cream. But it is too much for my skin in summer. I didn't have any luck with his Crease Release eye serum-too oily for me & did not absorb. I also didn't have luck with his Stem Regen eye & face serums although I've read that a lot of people like them. I've given rave reviews for his Lip ^X and eyeshadows as well. So it is different strokes for different folks but to make a blanket statement like Luvstoshopeathome did is uncalled for IMHO.

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Respected Contributor

If Dana is the best rep for the good Dr they are in real trouble. His skin looks horrible. The prices are ridiculous. SKINN is very well priced and works. No Dimitri doesn't look the same as he did at HSN. How many years ago was that? He looks fantastic for his age. Check out his neck. With SKINN I've seen either nice changes or nothing getting worse. Another line I really like and is very affordable is ASDM Beverly Hills. I'm starting to see a lightening of a couple of dark spots that my derm said would only lighten with a laser. I have tried several products and all have been excellent.

Honored Contributor

66 is not old. Why is he hiding? Does he ever call in to participate in the shows or to introduce the products? Seriously...did he have a stroke? Is he still alive? It's all so strange-the evasiveness of him and the products.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Esteemed Contributor

I love, and use, products from both lines so I am not going to dog or down either one of them.

I love watching Dimitri. I ordered two smudge just sticks today. I love those! I also love watching Dana and use some P products every day.

As for Dr. Perricone's own skin, in addition to being 66 years old, I also think he is probably not a very vain person. I think he is way more worried about MY skin and giving ME a good result than he is about his own skin.

He is busy being a doctor and researcher every day. Appearing on air is what he hired Dana for and she does a great job, IMO anyway. I like her.

Dr. Perricone doesn't need to show up on TV every five minutes for me to like his products.

Why does it have to be "vs." anything anyway? They are both good lines.

Trusted Contributor

On 8/23/2014 brandiwine said:

If Dana is the best rep for the good Dr they are in real trouble. His skin looks horrible. The prices are ridiculous. SKINN is very well priced and works. No Dimitri doesn't look the same as he did at HSN. How many years ago was that? He looks fantastic for his age. Check out his neck. With SKINN I've seen either nice changes or nothing getting worse. Another line I really like and is very affordable is ASDM Beverly Hills. I'm starting to see a lightening of a couple of dark spots that my derm said would only lighten with a laser. I have tried several products and all have been excellent.

Personally, I disagree that Dana's skin looks horrible. I didn't tune in this visit but her skin has always looked glowing and even toned to me and she says she does not use any makeup at all. And as I've said in previous posts, I use products from both lines and I have bombed out on some products from both lines as well. Not every product or line will work for every person. To each his own.

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Trusted Contributor

Trusted Contributor

Are you kidding? Dimitri not only formulates products for his own line but is a manufacturer and makes products for high end department stores and for other skin care lines on shopping channels. He travels the world doing research and appears on shopping channels in several countries but he takes the time to go on air and explain his formulations to his customers. Why? Because he cares and loves and appreciates his customers. You state Dr. Perricone is busy and lives in your area. I live in his area, so what does that even mean? He doesn't have the decency to even call in or make a few appearances to explain the science behind his products. How about a few minutes to show his appreciation and thank all his faithful customers? If you think Dana does a good job, well that just baffles me. All she knows how to do is read clinical trials and then last night announced how she had to call the doctor because she was having a problem and didn't know what products to use. She then announced what he told her to use. Are you kidding me? She represents his company and she had to call him. If I were her I would be embarrassed to even tell that story on air. Drs. Denese and Graff are busy doctors who also do research but they go on air to explain their products. Sorry but I have no respect for the doctor who can't even find a few minutes once in awhile to explain the science behind his products and to thank all his faithful customers. Yes, he's too busy laughing all the way to the bank. For you ladies who love his products, enjoy and I'm happy if they work for you.
Respected Contributor

On 8/23/2014 UMTerpFan said:
On 8/23/2014 brandiwine said:

Personally, I disagree that Dana's skin looks horrible. I didn't tune in this visit but her skin has always looked glowing and even toned to me and she says she does not use any makeup at all. And as I've said in previous posts, I use products from both lines and I have bombed out on some products from both lines as well. Not every product or line will work for every person. To each his own.

She said his skin looks bad not Dana's. Not saying I agree just pointing it out.