Trusted Contributor

DANA & DR. PERRICONE PRODUCTS VS. DIMITRI AND SKINN

Now this is my opinion and I'm sure there are dr. Perricone lovers out there. To each his own. I'm sorry because I don't like to be so negative but between Dana's constant pronunciation of vitamin c and all those clinical trials, it's unbelievable. Why don't they ever use models to show the products and the photo they just showed of before and afters of Hyalo, you can tell the color of the entire face and background was different. The before photo is a closer up so the wrinkles are more noticeable, the after is taken further away. Camera trickery, it's unbelievable. I also heard her talk about an eggshell product. I have been taking eggshell membrane capsules for years, they help with joints and treat the skin from the inside. When his products were at Sephora, i tried a vitamin c set, after using it, my face was beet red and actually hurt. I never bought another product of his again. No need to buy his outrageously priced products when there's Dimitri and Skinn products that really work and are reasonably priced. I love that he uses models of all ages and also puts the products on himself. He has wonderful CS, they are always so helpful. Can't wait to see the cheek product coming up in September. He looks really good and you can tell he doesn't have cheek implants. GO Dimitri, you're the best!
Super Contributor

Re: DANA & DR. PERRICONE PRODUCTS VS. DIMITRI AND SKINN

I disagree (and I'm a Skinn fan, don't care for Perricone). I don't believe the photos are trickery. At the very least, QVC's legal department would make sure of that I'd think. They're showing results from 2 weeks or longer -- nothing that can be demonstrated on a live model.

Others have reacted to Perricone products, but others have also reacted to Skinn, Isomers, any line out there. And even if you've been using egg membrane for years -- how does that negate him using it in his products?

I just don't understand why you're being so harsh. Lots of people love his stuff and swear by his line.

All that being said, :-) I happen to agree with you about Dimitri. His products are cutting edge and he's always improving and working on new stuff. And I just like HIM so much!

Let those who are happy with Perricone do and buy what they want. We can buy from Dimitri.

Trusted Contributor

I'm sorry if you think I'm being harsh. The photos were different colors of the before and afters. Why are all the other lines on the Q, using models? I guess I've been turned off since I read an article by a reporter who interviewed Dr. Perricone in person and he said he was shocked to see his wrinkled weather beaten skin. He's admitted to being an avid sun worshipper. So idoes he use his own products?. Maybe that's why he's not on the Q promoting his own products, like most of all the other skincare dermatologists are. For those who use his products and love them, use them in good health. I personally don't buy into all the hype. I really like Dimitri too, what's not to like, he really cares about his customers and tells it like it is. I already have 4 products in my cart and it's his first visit of the weekend.
Trusted Contributor

Isn't Dimitri having a special this weekend? I knew he was scheduled, I love his products too and am a recent convert. Since his last special, I've spent a ton but feel it's all worth it. Love the Orchid Gel! {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Honored Contributor

I use and swear by products from both lines. I use Skinn dermapeel, lip6x, all the pore products and tinted orchid gel but I also use Perricone no foundation foundation and concealor which for me is the absolute best I ever used. I also like and use Perricone,s neopeptide necollolatage.

Both Dimitri and Dr Perricone are admitted sun worshippers and some age better than others regardless. Dimitri is 10 or more years younger than Dr Perricone and when on air he keeps his skin lathered up with his products and usually looks greasy/shiny. Dr Perricone is anti botox which I like and Dimitri appears to have used fillers (which is his choice and he doesn't claim he hasn't) as his face isn't the same as when he first started airing on HSN. No product is going to perform miracles anyway on anyone!

There is no need to rip apart one or the other as no product is perfect for everyone!!

Trusted Contributor

Are you kidding? How can you use Dimiti and Dr Perricone in the same breath. Dimitri the make-up artist and Dr. Perricone only one of the top Dermstologists and researchers in the country!!! Dr. Perricone used to present his own products when they first came out then he found Dana who does an excellent job. Her skin is gorgeous who needs Perricone to be there or models. Dana's skin is a great testimonial. Dr Perricone's products are high end serious skin care. It's not uncommon for Vitamin C serum to make your skin red. If it bothers you so much then maybe you just can't use it. Skinn products are not even in the same league as Perricone!!! It's like comparing a prescription based product (Perricone) to a cheap over-the-counter (Skinn)beauty product.. By the way, Dr Perricone is from my area and he doesn't have time to appear on QVC. He is busy being a prestigeous / in demand doctor and researcher.
Frequent Contributor

Skinn !!!!{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} Perricone , Way too expensive !!!!{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Super Contributor

On 8/23/2014 Beejene said: Are you kidding? How can you use Dimiti and Dr Perricone in the same breath. Dimitri the make-up artist and Dr. Perricone only one of the top Dermstologists and researchers in the country!!! Dr. Perricone used to present his own products when they first came out then he found Dana who does an excellent job. Her skin is gorgeous who needs Perricone to be there or models. Dana's skin is a great testimonial. Dr Perricone's products are high end serious skin care. It's not uncommon for Vitamin C serum to make your skin red. If it bothers you so much then maybe you just can't use it. Skinn products are not even in the same league as Perricone!!! It's like comparing a prescription based product (Perricone) to a cheap over-the-counter (Skinn)beauty product.. By the way, Dr Perricone is from my area and he doesn't have time to appear on QVC. He is busy being a prestigeous / in demand doctor and researcher.

Dr Perricone doesn't have the time to appear on QVC? After all the support his customers have given him?

Respected Contributor

For me it's SKINN. Tried Perricone and my skin actually looked worse. Sorry to all the Perricone lovers, but no skincare line works for everyone.
Honored Contributor

On 8/23/2014 Lucky Dog said:
On 8/23/2014 Beejene said: Are you kidding? How can you use Dimiti and Dr Perricone in the same breath. Dimitri the make-up artist and Dr. Perricone only one of the top Dermstologists and researchers in the country!!! Dr. Perricone used to present his own products when they first came out then he found Dana who does an excellent job. Her skin is gorgeous who needs Perricone to be there or models. Dana's skin is a great testimonial. Dr Perricone's products are high end serious skin care. It's not uncommon for Vitamin C serum to make your skin red. If it bothers you so much then maybe you just can't use it. Skinn products are not even in the same league as Perricone!!! It's like comparing a prescription based product (Perricone) to a cheap over-the-counter (Skinn)beauty product.. By the way, Dr Perricone is from my area and he doesn't have time to appear on QVC. He is busy being a prestigeous / in demand doctor and researcher.

Dr Perricone doesn't have the time to appear on QVC? After all the support his customers have given him?

Why are they so evasive with Perricone? No live models, oddly presented still photos of before/after. The shows are silly--no discussion ever about the ingredients. Always evasive, shssss, it's a secret as to what it is and how it works. But fork out 200-300 per product. And I don't think Dana adds any value that assists us in buying decisions. I do like the bar bracelet she was wearing last night. That's the only thing that caught my interest from the Perricone show.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri