Super Contributor

At the end of the Perricone MD presentation, with Jane Tracey, Dana mentioned not to forget to buy some type of water. I was in another room and didn't see the product.  What was she talking about?

Honored Contributor

Maybe she meant drinking water?    My derm always says "Drink lots of water......."

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

@usffan @Desertdi

She was promoting Perricone water with hydrogen:

Screen Shot 2018-12-29 at 5.18.20 PM.png

Trusted Contributor

Water.......chemical composition. H₂O  Clever..Two parts hydrogen already

Esteemed Contributor

Now he’s pushing water??? 🙃

Honored Contributor

Re: DANA MENTIONED WATER?

[ Edited ]

It's a special type of water. From what I understand is the extra hydrogen found in that kind of water reduces oxidative stress. This translates to helping the body detoxify stuff that a person might get as a result of disease or damage from injury.

An example of this is seen where athletes drink the H2 infused water and their ability to reduce muscle stress from lactic acid is reduced by the special water, leading to faster recovery from injury.

Honored Contributor

Re: DANA MENTIONED WATER?

[ Edited ]

I've been researching the hydrogen water trend and also have recently read some interesting articles/videos on the fact that you can drink a lot of water and still not be hydrated. Apparently drinking 6-8 glasses of water daily does not guarantee that your body is hydrated.

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

I've been researching the hydrogen water trend and also have recently read some interesting articles/videos on the fact that you can drink a lot of water and still not be hydrated. Apparently drinking 6-8 glasses of water daily does not guarantee that your body is hydrated.

Yes, I've read some similar stuff along those lines about hydration. @phoenixbrd

Some of the stuff I read says the H2-infused water somehow acts like a 'super hydrator', meaning it can force water into our cells that otherwise might not do that with plain water.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee @phoenixbrd

Perricone now has a whole company and web site for the hydrogenated water—with a lot more information. Plus, as you have found, there are other companies producing it.

Some research also found a benefit when drinking it at the outset of migraine or cluster headaches.

Respected Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

@SilleeMee @phoenixbrd

Perricone now has a whole company and web site for the hydrogenated water—with a lot more information. Plus, as you have found, there are other companies producing it.

Some research also found a benefit when drinking it at the outset of migraine or cluster headaches.

Do you have a link to the research?  Everything that I have read shows that the results that are claimed are inconclusive.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky