Super Contributor

Re: Cute haircut for thinner hair

I also have fine hair and have chosen to keep it short... My hair salon suggested Nioxin products and lately it's just not working as well and it was... At one time I was using Eufora hair gel and it was amazing.  It has been since impossible to find but I did find it on a website.  The woman selling it wanted $99 a tube.  I questioned it and she wrote back and said it was true... Are you kidding me??? I was able to find it for just under $20 at one time.... So I am still looking for something to keep my short style stylish... Hugs to all !!!

Valued Contributor

What a cute haircut! Love it! I don't think age has anything to do with hair length, though. And to be fair, her hair in the first picture was not exactly a style. Beautiful lady, though! 

Esteemed Contributor

@violann wrote:

@Trinity11- I agree with you 100%, but sadly, even treatment and optimum results won't always restore hair for women with hypothyroidism. 

My hair has never recovered after many years of hypo and hyper thyroidism.

Joan Rivers used to say, @violann, "I have so few hairs I've named them. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@hondagirl  Have you tried dry shampoo rubbed into roots for volume?

Respected Contributor

Cute haircut but that isn't what I consider thin.

I have thin hair and baby fine.  A stacked bob works fairly well for making the back look thicker, but not so much the sides.  Oh well, it is what it is.  And I don't care how old you are you don't have to cut your hair if you don't want to.  It's not about age.  It's about what looks good - and what you like even if it doesn't look good.

Occasional Visitor

It is a real cute cut, but you also have to consider the shape of your face. Look at pictures with the same shape of your face.

Respected Contributor

Wow  she even looks younger. It took like 10 years off her face

Respected Contributor

I have thin, fine hair like hers but my ears stick out, so a short cut or an up-style doesn't really work for me.

Spoiler
Woman Sad
Honored Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

I have thin, fine hair like hers but my ears stick out, so a short cut or an up-style doesn't really work for me.

Spoiler
Woman Sad

@Linmo

What works for my naturally baby-fine, wavy, thinning, mid-length hair is:

* hair color 

* angled face layers 

* all ends point-cut 

* regular trims

Creates more body and volume, plus lightens the load on the roots at my crown.

It doesn't hurt to try new things; give it a shot. Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@RedConvertibleGirl wrote:

Cute haircut but that isn't what I consider thin.

I have thin hair and baby fine.  A stacked bob works fairly well for making the back look thicker, but not so much the sides.  Oh well, it is what it is.  And I don't care how old you are you don't have to cut your hair if you don't want to.  It's not about age.  It's about what looks good - and what you like even if it doesn't look good.

And I have to be very careful about stacking in the back because of how fine my hair is. You can literally see every scissor/cut in my hair.  Smiley Sad