Honored Contributor

Re: Cute haircut for thinner hair

@Sooner wrote:

Old or young, no matter what kind of hair you have, it is sometimes absolutely amazing and life changing to try some things with your hair!  You never know until you try.  It is truly amazing today what a really good cut can do teamed up with today's products and someone who can show you how to use them.

I can't believe what kind of hair I can have now!  I was terrified to do anything to my hair until I was about 30.  It was long, straight and very fine textured.  I cut it to shoulder length, got a few perms in the 80s and HATED that. 

Now I have highlighted londe shorter hair, longer than the lady in the photo, but still a layered cut like that.  I can't believe how much I love my hair!  I am glad I took the punge(s) over the years.  

Just saying that if you ever thought "I'd like to look like that!" go for it!  Go in baby steps maybe but go for it! 

I'm a hair changer with both color and cut/style.  My problem though is that my hair grows at a snails pace.  If I got my hair cut really short and hated it, it takes forever to grow it back out. 

OTOH my sister is like a darn chia pet.  I swear her hair looks longer in a weeks time.  LOL 

Honored Contributor

I'm not sure the original photo is of someone with hair that is all that thin, it looks like it might be more fine than thin to me... EIther way, the revised style is more flattering.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

Some older folks have very thinning hair.  I have the thyroid and age Thing, so keep it short.  I started with a ton of hair ThAnk God.  Nick C products help, and Kunquie.

Honored Contributor

IMG_5063.JPG

@hoosieroriginal

This is one of my favs...

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

The woman pictured may have thinner TEXTURED hair, but she looks like she has plenty of it.

I have microfine hairs, and a total of about 36 of them. All you'd see if my hair were cut this way would be a blazing path of pink scalp.

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11- I agree with you 100%, but sadly, even treatment and optimum results won't always restore hair for women with hypothyroidism. 

My hair has never recovered after many years of hypo and hyper thyroidism.

Honored Contributor

@violann wrote:

@Trinity11- I agree with you 100%, but sadly, even treatment and optimum results won't always restore hair for women with hypothyroidism. 

My hair has never recovered after many years of hypo and hyper thyroidism.

I am so very sorry. It was really tough when I noticed my hair thinning at the part. I went blonde because it didn't show the demarcation as it did when I was brunette. However, thyroid issues are a real pain in the neck. I was placed on a higher dosage and yesterday was flying with a rapid heartbeat. Today I went back down to 25mg and feeling fine. I really can sympathize, though.

Honored Contributor

@violann wrote:

The woman pictured may have thinner TEXTURED hair, but she looks like she has plenty of it.

I have microfine hairs, and a total of about 36 of them. All you'd see if my hair were cut this way would be a blazing path of pink scalp.

(((((((((((((((((violann))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Respected Contributor

That is cute.

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

@hoosieroriginal  When hair is thinner, beware the shorter over layered haircut whether it's short or long. Having longer layers gives you something to work with when you add volumizing products and/or hot rollers/curling iron. Also coloring your hair adds some thickness and body. Good luck.