Honored Contributor

Re: Cute haircut for thinner hair

Age and hair length/style don't always go hand in hand.  A person's body size and facial shape & fullness also need to be taken into account.  

Respected Contributor

I don't think she has thin hair and it's definitely damages, but that cut and style is a huge improvement.  It's amazing what a good cut and scheduled trims can do for your hair. 

Honored Contributor

That woman in the pic looks to have normal hair to me. She definitely looks better with it cut shorter and it also looks healthier. 

I'm 61 and my hair is mid-way down my back, all one length. Never colored or treated with any chemicals so it's healthy and shiny. I would never cut my hair short just because I'm "old". I love it long because I can put up or let it down, curl it, straighten it, poof it up or not. I love it.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

Cute cut.  It's better for thin hair to be worn shorter.  When hair is long no matter what texture, it pulls at the scalp making your hair thinner especially at the scalp and as you age you certainly will not like the results.  Thanks for sharing the photo.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

For this lady in the before/after pic it is an improvement for her.  How one "wears" their hair is as individual as there are women who wear long, short or in-between.  I am in my later 50's and my hair is below the shoulder, thick and course.  If you wear your hair longer you need to tend to it more vs. shorter hair.  There is nothing more aging on a woman who has long hair that is uncared for because of damage or irregular cuts and that kind of neglect deserves the label of being a woman who looks old. 

Respected Contributor

I do not think this woman has thin hair. She has fine hair, the ends were damaged and broke so it looked thinner.  Once you cut off the damaged ends the health hair looks SO MUCH BETTER.

Honored Contributor

Old or young, no matter what kind of hair you have, it is sometimes absolutely amazing and life changing to try some things with your hair!  You never know until you try.  It is truly amazing today what a really good cut can do teamed up with today's products and someone who can show you how to use them.

I can't believe what kind of hair I can have now!  I was terrified to do anything to my hair until I was about 30.  It was long, straight and very fine textured.  I cut it to shoulder length, got a few perms in the 80s and HATED that. 

Now I have highlighted londe shorter hair, longer than the lady in the photo, but still a layered cut like that.  I can't believe how much I love my hair!  I am glad I took the punge(s) over the years.  

Just saying that if you ever thought "I'd like to look like that!" go for it!  Go in baby steps maybe but go for it! 

Respected Contributor

Looks nice for her...I'll add, it's amazing what a good blow out can do!!.   I have very fine platinum/light blonde hair, and keep it medium length.  I get it trimmed every 5 weeks or so.  I blow it all back, off my face, and use a large round brush to get maximum fullness.  This style opens my face, and it gives it a nice lift.  I always liked bangs but started looking dragged down.  I get long layers, and a bit shorter angled layers on the sides which helps it all stay back, and add nice fullnes.  I also think, a not so neat, free falling hair cut is youthful looking too.  So basically, I wear full, and sort of floppy.  Woman Wink

The lady in pic looks alot better,  but I'll never wear short hair.

Trusted Contributor

This is a gorgeous cut and she looks beautiful........thank you I am taking a picture to save this................I take spirolactone and it will keep your hair from shedding.............it works

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Please keep looking for pictures and you can always up do your hair............