Respected Contributor

Cute haircut for thinner hair

Saw this online and thought this woman looks so much better with her new "do" than the before picture - her hair actually looks thick in the "after" picture:

AAkCUk8[1].jpg

Honored Contributor

Re: Cute haircut for thinner hair

That is adorable, but I am afriad my back wouldn't lay like that.My hair is super thin.........I definitely know that I need to get it cut shorter, so may try something like this.....

Honored Contributor

That's why I am so in favor of women trying shorter hair as they age.  It provides a frame for your face and lifts and gives your hair some bounce.  

Longer hair can really drag down your face.  And maybe the shorter cuts and better hair style says "I'm grown up" I guess.  It just gives you some real style.  A good cut is worth a lot! 

And modern hair products are a miracle! 

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

That is adorable, but I am afriad my back wouldn't lay like that.My hair is super thin.........I definitely know that I need to get it cut shorter, so may try something like this.....

I feel your pain.  I have super fine hair and you can get some volume out of it with a good cut and  products.  Honest!  I would never have thought it.  You have to find someone who knows how to cut for some bounce.  I don't have to style it every day either.

Respected Contributor

I don't think her hair is all that thin, it was just very damaged on the ends before the merciful cut.  My hair is longer and definitely thinner than hers (it's similar to cobwebs).  It would just lay flat on my head.  At least now, with longer straight hair, I can put it up or in a pony tail when I want it out of my face or when I'm working out.

Laura loves cats!
Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

That's why I am so in favor of women trying shorter hair as they age.  It provides a frame for your face and lifts and gives your hair some bounce.  

Longer hair can really drag down your face.  And maybe the shorter cuts and better hair style says "I'm grown up" I guess.  It just gives you some real style.  A good cut is worth a lot! 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am not in the camp of only short hair for women as they age.

I AM in favor for getting a cut that is an actual style whether it be long or short.

The before picture has no style at all. 

It all depends on your own hair. If you have healthy abundant hair and you want to wear it longer, go for it. If you look better in short hair, then go for that.  Don't get sucked into those old, restrictive rules for "aging women".

~Enough is enough~
Respected Contributor

@mstyrion 1 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am not in the camp of only short hair for women as they age.

I AM in favor for getting a cut that is an actual style whether it be long or short.

The before picture has no style at all. 

It all depends on your own hair. If you have healthy abundant hair and you want to wear it longer, go for it. If you look better in short hair, then go for that.  Don't get sucked into those old, restrictive rules for "aging women".

@mstyrion 1 - I totally agree with you - I'm 64, have thick hair and it is shoulder length.  But this woman in the picture's hair really thinned as it got long - think the after looks so much better on her.  I tried short hair when I retired - it's just not me. 

Honored Contributor

That is a good cut for her!

I switched stylists when I decided to grow out my fine wavy hair.  The first guy was a genius at short hair but absolutely awful while I was trying to let it grow.  I finally gave up with him and went elsewhere.

The new guy cuts hair dry in the direction the hair grows to maximize the waves.  Fantastic style, easy blow-dry styling that takes very little time and looks great even on windy days.

Honored Contributor

I don't think her hair looks thin.  I just think her before had no real style, the color was awful and her hair looked super damaged. 

I'm also not in favor of going short just because you get older.  I've seen young ladies who look awful with long hair because the style is wrong, their hair is damaged and fried, etc.  Age has nothing to do with short or long hair.  A good cut and the quality of the hair is the key factor.

I think that haircut in the after is really pretty but I'm not sure it would look all that terrific on someone who had truly thin and or thin/fine hair.     

Honored Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

Saw this online and thought this woman looks so much better with her new "do" than the before picture - her hair actually looks thick in the "after" picture:

AAkCUk8[1].jpg

If her hair was really thin there would be a demarcation at her part. The back is not really indicative of fine, thin hair. Before I received treatment for hypothyroidism my hair thinned out where my part was. Now, I have hair that is thick and healthy. Please anyone who has thinning hair have your thyroid checked..