Respected Contributor

Cut My Husbands Hair Today...

When Covid 19 started, I bought an electric Wahl haircutter to do my husband's hair.  He is retired military and still works as a civilian at a military command. He wears his hair quite short.  I did a little "research"on Youtube and we gave it a go this am!  For a total rookie and this being my first time, I am really pleased with the results!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Cut My Husbands Hair Today...

This will be me next week.

DH is not looking forward to it.

Esteemed Contributor

@FastDogWalker2   it's quite the opposite here LOL

my DH will retire at the end of this year (Good Lord Willing)

he's stopped coloring his hair & shaving and letting his hair grow. He had a beard & long hair when we started dating 39 years ago.

Esteemed Contributor

@FastDogWalker2 , I bought the same thing.  I will try it on myself first.

Care to share the YouTube video?  I need all the help I can get!  LM

Honored Contributor

I told my hubby I would try to trim around his ears and  clean up his neck area.... It could be  a scary outcome....

Trusted Contributor

@FastDogWalker2 wrote:

When Covid 19 started, I bought an electric Wahl haircutter to do my husband's hair.  He is retired military and still works as a civilian at a military command. He wears his hair quite short.  I did a little "research"on Youtube and we gave it a go this am!  For a total rookie and this being my first time, I am really pleased with the results!

@FastDogWalker2  Could I please pop by?  My super short pixie do is in need of help.  The growth around the ears is driving me crazy.  Giggles.  I have a Wahl clippers....I'm so tempted....

Honored Contributor

At the end of this we are all going to look like kids who cut their own hair or sasquatch.

"Nana nana, why do you look so funny in these pictures?" "Those were the dark times, little Timmy. Dark times."

(Just kidding Woman Wink I do know it's a serious issue and time and that people are dying.)

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

At the end of this we are all going to look like kids who cut their own hair or sasquatch.

"Nana nana, why do you look so funny in these pictures?" "Those were the dark times, little Timmy. Dark times."

(Just kidding Woman Wink I do know it's a serious issue and time and that people are dying.)

No need to apologize @Porcelain .  These are indeed dark times, but we need to laugh a little if we're going to get through it all.  Your post made me smile, so thank you.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

New couples activity: "Which mixing bowl shall we try tonight, darling?" Woman Very Happy

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

20200404_170111.jpgYep, I always cut my son's hair. No problem there. I have used the

electric cutter before but then he said it started to pinch so I am back

to professional scissors @FastDogWalker2 .

But for the first time in 19 years I recently cut my husband's hair. His

hair is thick and it grows fast. Had to shave the back of his neck also.

Turned out fine. Found the cape and scissors set at Walmart around

$15 with the tax.