Honored Contributor

Re: CurrentBody Singles Day Sale

@Pecky 

You're welcome. You got a great deal on that NIRA!

I hope the NIRA will help soften my lip lines a bit. Not expecting for them to disappear, by no means. If the NIRA doesn't do it then I might just have my derm do some laser resurfacing around my lower face including around my lips. I need some skin firming on the lower face. I've had laser resurfacing done before and there's downtime involved so I'll wait until after the holidays are over to start that.  

Super Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Jk9 @GenXmuse 

I got the NIRA device with hopes of treating my vertical lip lines above and below my lips. The CurrentBody Lip Perfector doesn't seem to be doing much for them.

NIRA uses non-fractional laser technology in the near-infrared wavelength. From what I've read in some of the customer reviews it is not entirely pain-free, especially when used at higher treatment levels.

If you are interested in reading more about NIRA technology search:

The Technology Behind NIRA

That will take you to NIRA dot com's website.

ViewYourDeal dot com has the NIRA on sale for 199. I just paid 239 for it last night on NIRA dot com.

#Sillee Mee

Fighting those bloody lip lines is so frustrating, but it appears I have made some progress with the Lip Perfector by amping up my exfoliation in the area.  I have pretty tough skin, so I'm not sure everyone could tolerate the degree of exfoliation I use.  

I think we both started using the LP about the same time, so I think more time will show real improvement.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jk9 

Regarding my Tria ADL...I use it only on my neck and dec. I've used it on my face but it seems to cause a lot of redness plus I have broken caps which seem to get more visible if I use the tria on my face so I don't.

Just so you know, I also own Palovia lasers. Q sold them years ago and then the company went out of business. I have used them around my eye area and I have no bags or lines around my eyes after using them for years. I use it above my eyelids, just below my brows, to give it a lift there and also under my eyes plus crow-feet areas.  Everything is smooth and has been for a number of years. 

I used Palovia on my lip lines for an endless number of months but that didn't help matters at all. Neither did it help with NL lines or firm the skin around the jowl areas.

I stalked Palovia lasers on eBay for a long time and now I own 4 of them. One is starting to die so now I'm looking to eventually replace them with the NIRA. Hope it works just as good as the Palovia

Honored Contributor

For those who use Retin A/Tretinoin, try it on your lip line.  My lip line isn't perfect, but I believe it's better than it would be if I didn't use it there.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@claros 

For almost 90 days I'm going use the NIRA and stop using the LP temporarily and see if there's any improvement. There is a 90-day-money-back guarantee with the NIRA so I'm giving it a try. I've gone beyond the return period for the LP so I'm sol there.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@claros 

For almost 90 days I'm going use the NIRA and stop using the LP temporarily and see if there's any improvement. There is a 90-day-money-back guarantee with the NIRA so I'm giving it a try. I've gone beyond the return period for the LP so I'm sol there.

@SilleeMee  Can this be used on the lips?  They seem to just be showing it used on the eye area.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee The first thing I did when I saw your info was go to the web site and read about the technology and that is what really peaked my interest.  I don't get a lot of redness from my Tria (or it goes away fairly quickly) and I use it all over my face and neck/dec. It is not comfortable, especially above my lips where I have the lines and a scar.  My above lip lines are softened so I am on the fence about getting another laser.   The Tria is the only at home laser I have had.  I got a series of laser treatments at the derm about 12 years ago and they made a huge difference and were the reason I got the Tria.   I had slacked off the Tria for a while as I was overwhelmed with the number of devices I was trying to use.  Now I know that I want to stick with a Laser and the rlt and my NuFace.

I see some changes since starting the Revive lip rlt.  But, I have a problem that my lower lip rolls in due to some facial bone shifting, so that lip looks thinner most of the time.  I can tell that my upper lip and area above it are puffier and less lined.  

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

@Pecky 

I'll be using the NIRA on the lines above and below my lips, not on the lips themselves.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee I wasn't going to use it on my lips but around it. From what I have read they just show using it for the eye area they don't mention anywhere else. 

Honored Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

@SilleeMee I wasn't going to use it on my lips but around it. From what I have read they just show using it for the eye area they don't mention anywhere else. 

@Pecky 

There are b&a pics of people's NL lines and also some people saying it helped with their lower face.