Trusted Contributor

Re: Current Eyeshadow Trends

@monicakm wrote:
This was a recent TikTok hack. It kind of works on some people but not everyone's eyes are shaped just right for the shape of the spoon. You can probably find it on TikTok still

Thanks. I'll look there. It was a pop up ad and the gadget had different shaped "heads" for different eye shapes. Of course the girl demonstrating was probably 20 and didn't need any makeup, let alone a perfectly done cut crease.

Honored Contributor

IMHO, if you look at someone and see eyelids with colored shadow and can't see their eyes.....well, it's a NO!

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

I saw this thread earlier today while in Dallas.  Gracious ladies, I hope everyone's feelings are ok!

I rarely do neutrals.  Today was a sparkly pink-orange and a warm purple with a med purple toned brown  in the crease, from Norvina Vol 5

Your color combination sounds beautiful @monicakm .

Honored Contributor

@JamandBread 

Maybe the Tik Tok hack was in response to the product you saw (using a spoon vs buying the tool).  Sorry, my bad.

Trusted Contributor

The product is called the Crease Piece. There are others out on the market too. Over the weekend, just for giggles, I tried using a plastic spoon and IT WORKED! Ihave hooded eyes, so creating the crease and really playing up my lids with a lighter shadow made a difference!

Honored Contributor

@JamandBread 

Cool!  Maybe I'll try it but won't be using it.  I don't wear that severe cut crease look.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just can't make myself wear bright eye shadows. I wore blue shadow in my teen ands 20s when that was a big thing, but I've been wearing neutral eye shadow colors for almost 30 years now. I just prefer a more natural eye look and makeup look in general. 

Honored Contributor

@wilma I wear colors in my crease and extend outwards, but they are more muted.

Trusted Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@JamandBread 

Cool!  Maybe I'll try it but won't be using it.  I don't wear that severe cut crease look.  

It's not severe. No bright colors for me either. I use a very neutral palette. The craziest I get is khaki green.

Honored Contributor

@JamandBread 

The craziest I get is khaki green.

We've got a wild one! Smiley Wink