Occasional Contributor

Has anyone used Deva for hair? How does it compare to Wen? I have used both. Would like your input on this topic.

Frequent Contributor

I use both brands. My hair is curly but very fine. I use mostly Wen seasonals and I alternate with Devacurl. I would think the Wen products would give better results though if your hair is coarse.

Many of the Wen formulas are super moisturizing. Fig reminds me of Deva Heaven in Hair deep conditioner but both weigh my hair down. I used to love Heaven in Hair but since I rarely use heat anymore, it is now too much. If my hair was coarse, I could see myself using fig a lot.

I let my hair air dry and don't color or use any type of chemical treatment. I think that makes a difference in how my hair responds to the different products. Since using Wen and Deva and rarely using heat (I stopped blow drying and flat ironing 10 months ago), my hair is awesome.

Two products that I use all the time are the Deva styling cream (just one pump on wet hair) and Wen oils (any of the oils). I can't find another styling cream that works as well just as I cannot find other oils to give the same results. People talk about making their own oils or buying other brands but I don't have the same results. I don't know what Chaz does to his oils but they are amazing. If he said he is going to stop making the oils, I would stockpile them.

I don't care for the other Deva styling products, the gels leave a film on my hair. But if you love different styling products, Deva has a lot of them. I prefer having a choice of cleansers instead and Wen has such a nice variety. There is a cleanser for everyone.

Right now I have fall ginger pumpkin oil on my legs and I used the Tuscan pear oil last night in my hair then I used the Tuscan pear CC today. Awesome!

Occasional Contributor

Thanks so much for your input. I used the Deva one conditioner today after the NO POO. My hair seems to be much softer. I also let my hair air dry. I also leave a nice amount of conditioner in my hair and then I add a small amount of WEN REMOIST. I do not use any styling product. I do like the smell of Wen better than DEVA but the 613 seems to give me too much volume and makes my hair coarse. The oils are also very beneficial for my hair.

Super Contributor
I have not tried the Deva products but I am loving Wen Tuscan Pear for my coarse, curly hair! I was hesitant to try the pear as I had read that it wasn't very moisturizing but I am so glad I did. My hair is soft, shiny and frizz-free with beautiful well-defined curls. For me personally the pear outperforms the Fig and is my new fave!
Honored Contributor
I use Wen to cleanse my curly hair (short curly bob) & then follow with the DevaCurl Curlyl Girl Method. I apply DevaCurl One Conditioner in the shower & rinse ( after the WEN cleanse) & then towel dry/scrunch w/ microfiber towel, apply DevaCurl Gel, scrunch, air dry or use a diffuser. Much better results than WEN styling products & only 3 products (TOTAL) instead of a cabinet full of ones from WEN that didn't hit the mark!
Respected Contributor

I have very thick, coarse loose curls.

For me, wen outperforms Deva by a mile. My hair is softer and less snarled with wen.

613 is not the best choice for me, though. I use the Seasonals and TT.

~Enough is enough~
Super Contributor

I tried the Deva products last year and I didn't love them or hate them but I did notice my hair was drier and would easily frizz..total opposite with Wen.

Honored Contributor
On 11/15/2014 rxlady said:

Has anyone used Deva for hair? How does it compare to Wen? I have used both. Would like your input on this topic.

Deva is an entire brand and product line, so I don't know if you mean ONE product or the whole line.

I wasn't a fan of the cleansers or the One Condition. They didn't leave my hair feeling as moisturized as WEN Fig does. I do like some of the styling products, like the gels and Set it Free.

I prefer other curly-specific products, including products by Ouidad (Botanical Boost, Climate Control Gel, and others), Curly Hair Solutions (Curl Keeper!), and by Shea Moisture (many products in the Coconut & Hibiscus line).

I use WEN to wash and for my main treatments (oils and remoist) and products by curly hair brands for my styling products. They all work together very well. None of the WEN styling products really tamed my frizz well enough.

You may also want to visit naturallycurly.com, a fantastic resource for anyone with wavy or curly hair. They have a forums section (Curl Talk) where you can get ideas or recommendations based on your hair type.