Honored Contributor

Re: Curling Iron - do people still use them?

I have a curling iron---and use to use it all the tie to "bend" my stick straight hair. But now I use a flat iron as it has curved plates that really do much more than the round barrel of a curling iron--and I don't seem to burn myself as much. I bought it on the Q.

Honored Contributor

I have one but use my flat iron far more often.

Trusted Contributor

I use my CAJ blow dryer brush or my Calista Style dryer. I have not used a curling iron in years.

My daughter uses one of those curling irons with no bar on it, she just wraps her hair around it and holds it. She has really long hair though.

Honored Contributor

I have many in different size curIing irons, but,  try not to use them very often as they really dry out the ends of my hair even with products to protect the hair.  Occasionally I use my Calista one...to smooth and straighten my hair if I wear it down.  I grew out my hair from very short to now past my shoulders and find I wear it pinned up  rather than down.  It is just easier.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden

My hair was longer too and I was always putting it up. Gets very hot here in the summer and I just ended up doing that most of the time.

So I went short. I actually find that I have far more style options now that I have a short layered cut. 

Honored Contributor

I only still use brush rollers.

Super Contributor

@AngelPuppy1

Of course women still use them.  Ulta, and Sally's Beauty Supply carry dozens of models.  The most popular ones do not have a clamp.  One winds hair around the barrel.  Gloves are provided if you are not proficient at doing this, because it is easy to get burned.  There are tons of styling products to put on hair, so hair will not get scorched by the irons heat.  

Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1I use "Lanza healing oil" on my hair when wet and then again before I use my flat iron or curling iron.

Esteemed Contributor

Yep, still use mine every workday. Weekends, not so much.

Never bought a flat iron. I look like I have a straw broom stuck on my head with stick straight hair.

Honored Contributor

Thank you, everyone!  I know I will be all thumbs when I use it since it's been years!  But one good thing, if I make a real mess of it, I can always pull it back in a pony tail!  LOL! My hair has gotten more wavy as I've gotten older.  But I wish it were either more curly or straighter!  It's just kind of a mish-mash!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin