Honored Contributor

@wagirl 

I'm not sure at all at this point what I need or want.  Should I get a flat iron and try to go straight or a regular curling iron and go a bit curly or what --- I am not sure at all!  I think I am just forgetting about the spin thing though.... 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@nycalady 

I never used these and  --- don't laugh --- I never used any kind of rollers in my life!  I am hair challenged!  I didn't even know they still made hot rollers???  This sounds interesting but I'm afraid I would not know how to do them! 

Honored Contributor

@Boomernichols 

Hot Tools --- got it!  Thanks! 

Honored Contributor

@Steffdoggy10 

Thanks for your description and info.  After reading your post and others, I think I am taking the spin one off the table!!! 

Honored Contributor

@RollTide2008 

What ones do you use?  Do you find them difficult to use and how long do they take?  Thanks! 

Honored Contributor

@HLP 

Thank you for your suggestion! 

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1   There are many heat protectants and most are applied to soaking wet hair after any styling products. Sometimes the stylers are what can smoke or try another protectant. The iron could also have been set too high.

Try to purchase your hot tool from somewhere w/ an easy return policy.

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 --you can get a curl with a flat iron ---but being straight across, it is challenging--and  not a springy curl as with a round curling one--

My hair gives me fits on a regular basis---Woman Frustrated

-

Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@RollTide2008 

What ones do you use?  Do you find them difficult to use and how long do they take?  Thanks! 

I have a set of Conair jumbo rollers.  My hair is shoulder length.  There's a bit of learning curve for rolling them.  It only takes me a few minutes to roll my hair.  Then I go about the rest of my morning and take them out half hour or so later.  After I unroll them, I brush my hair into place and spray it.  

I've heard most people say hot rollers work best on them with clean hair, but I usually use them on second day hair.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

Thank you!  I guess I am just a no fuss person and I get disgusted with so many steps!