Esteemed Contributor

Re: Curious, do people line their lips before lip color anymore?

lor wrote:

I still line my lips before color because it gives my lips a fuller look and a more finished look.

~~~~

Tricolor,

Hello.........

"you have given the best answer, thus far.... WHY lining lips"    I have a fuller bottom lip than the top; most women do..in my opinion, so go with lightly over the NATURAL curve, using a shade DOWN from your lip coloring, this does accentuated the FULLNESS of a beautiful lip. Also, invest in Quality pencil. Most are either smearY and come off, or there are those being so hard, one would have to TUG applying. 

I won a gift certificate from Macy's for the most perfect lips a few years ago. This was a national contest that was conducted by (almost) every cosmetic counter that sold Lancome. Each female applied their usual routine starting from the 1st step, and after the lip color had been on for 30 seconds, each one had a special paper to press onto out lining their total impression, then these were sent off, being judged by Lancome. The lip color did not have to be a Lancome product. So, I won. However, I was using a lip liner /Lancome...in Rouge. 

When that shade was discontinued, I bought every one from residual stock, then had to find another brand this easily to trace the outline. So far, Urban Decay is the....

closer , >>in -that rouge shade, and that smooth to apply...ac on.

Always apply a booster of lip moisturizer BEFORE the lipstick/ gloss...whatever.

Some women l've seen have a beautiful lip look, others could not care less. I happened to be very chooseY if I'm going to take time, mainly because I always do wear all medium shades of reds, omitting anything with any blues blended in.

********------On another note, one of the posters had mentioned her husband asking -'why does LR wear eyeliner (EYE) liner around her lips'? Possibly, because it appeared that whatever she used was a brownish dark.(????)  No, I do not believe that would look good for anyone...all you would see is the DARK penciled in harsh look, but she must have her reason(s)~

NAES

eyeliner

I have worn since I was 20.  Never apply lip color without, or I would go WITHOUT. 

Also have learned this: your face is what is being seen  w a y  before any outfit. Simple but true!