Valued Contributor

Curious? Small, Inexp "Tan Luxe" Self-Tanr->

HSN, Tan Luxe, still is offering a small (20ml) "self tanning oil" at an incredibly inexpensive (imho)  price, ... <$20>, (A/S), (3 EPs today):

Tan Luxe 20ml The Face Self-Tan Drops M/D Auto-Ship®

793-688 - Tan Luxe 20ml The Face Self-Tan Drops (Med/D) (A/S)

793-682 - Tan Luxe 20ml The Face Self-Tan Drops (L/Med) (A/S)

I bought this above, out of curiosity, (hasn't arrived yet)

Even tho I'm Light, (sometimes L/M complexion), I bought Med/Dark, figuring since I plan to mix this with some kind of "medium," I'd have a lot of "play" with Light/Darkness, given whichever "medium" I use. .

Since the "Tan Luxe" "Today's Special" is projected to be offered on May 25, I wanted to try this out, ahead of time, in the event the TSV is a great deal.   (Besides, above small bottle is locked into A/S, if it is great)

On another "thread" on Q Beauty, ->  <"Tan-Luxe TSV (Wed, May 25) - Any Info/feedback?">   ...

There, I asked for reviews, ...  & @sunshine45  responded.  She's a long time, regular serum user, (face/body) & offered suggestions...  & highly recommended it.

That was good enough for me to try it for $20, 3EPs, A/S

FYI  HTHs

Feelings are simply human
How we deal with, ..or express those feelings .. is our choice
. ~ . Please be kind . ~ .

Honored Contributor

Re: Curious? Small, Inexp "Tan Luxe" Self-Tanr->

I looked at the reviews for that product and I'm not impressed enough to try it. 

Valued Contributor

@SilleeMee   oh oh!... okay... Guess when it arrives, I'll be playing "mad scientist" with a new product!  Thanks for the feedback!

Super Contributor

@TwinkleBell  I purchased this product in med/dark and used 2 drops with my regular moisturizer. Thought it gave me a nice glow until I looked at myself in the car visor mirror one sunny day. Wow! I looked like a streaky pumpkin, especially on my neck! Smiley LOL I had to use the Nassif face pads to literally scrub off the color!

It may take some playing around with the product to concoct the desired effect. 

For now, it is in my bathroom cabinet taking up space!

Valued Contributor

@Major Shopper   Thanks for this feedback & advice.

Having played with self-tanning on my body, I used to use 3 prior steps,

1)   Exfoliate (which I do most all the time anyway

2)   Lotion (only) 1st, all over the "to be tanned" area

......(not just dry places like knees, ankles)  

...   (Used to be Avon's ((barely), "self tanning lotion" but no longer made)

3)  Usually used a self-tanner that was already a lotion, ("L'Oreal" "Sublime Bronze" "Tinted-Self-Tanning Lotion-Streak Free" ...

....  & this particular procedure worked terrifically, 

...  until, the Avon, Step #2 is no longer made.. so I'm basically back to the drawing board...... unless I diddle around with the "L'Oreal" "Sublime Bronze" self tanning lotion"  (or try out their Self Tanning sheet packets, if still made)

For $20 purchase, in advance of the Tan Luxe TSV coming, I thought I'd experiment with OIL as a self tanning product, & mess around with the particular "medium" i use to mix the S/T oil in.

I never even thought to use Serum/Oil as my mixing medium before, but.... @sunshine45  (above)  Told me how (she) uses it, w/ serum/oil,  & I want to try fiddling with her procedures as my step #3 (above).. using my Oil/Serum as the medium for this Tan Luxe OIL to mix with, esp my face. 

..  I have KORRES Scented Body oil, and also KORRES Olive Oil  also as a possible Mixing Medium for this Tan Luxe oil.  But I'll trying mixing Tan Luxe in a Lotion also.

Before you shared your experience with the streaking, I guessing, in case, that I must be SUPER CAREFUL Im fully mixing the Tan Luxe Oil into my Medium, to possibly minimize streaking on me!  Altho I dont know if that wld work either..

As you can see, for a $20 experiment, I'm willing to turn "mad scientist" to try this out.... (then as life would have it, you watch, the Tan Luxe TSV on May 25th will be a loser, because Tan Luxe (coming) oil didnt work!  heh

@Major Shopper   Thanks for responding with your feedback!

Super Contributor

@TwinkleBell You are very welcome! Best of luck!Smiley Happy