Trusted Contributor

Re: Cure for concealer and foundation creases!!!!

I have been using jojoba oil for years, before argon oil hit the market in such a big way. Jojoba has always been my favorite.

Respected Contributor

@wagirl, I know I'm not Kabella, but I dearly love coconut oil.

Within the next two weeks, I want to go to this specialty store and buy certified real EVOO.  I didn't have time to buy it last trip, but it was $40 for 6 oz...and this is food grade!

I am using it specifically for skin care. I would really like to look into the truth behind California olive oil. Supposedly, growers have banded together to set high standards-just like the Controllee de France controls wine quality.

My question is, are their olive oils blended together ( one grove mixed with another). What are specific requisites to get the California label? I'm not so worried about toxicity, but there are other oils I could be using with benefits as opposed to putting a lower quality something that does nothing.

High quality cold pressed grape seed oil is high on my list too-if anybody can recommend a trustworthy brand, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Poodlepet2

Honored Contributor

poodle--I heard or read something a few years ago that said the best olive oil does come from California as it is pure OLIVE oil and not a mixture. As to the purity---I don't know ---however, I don't use much oil of any kind in my cooking but I have used Algae oil recently that was pretty good. I mostly use pure, grass feed butter.  and I do like coconut oil too. Should try it on my face as I have good things about it. I did mix olive oil with vitamin E to rub onto my skin after my 33 days or radiation for breast cancer a few years ago. Really made a huge difference in the way I healed as well as the damage the last week did on my skin. Seemed to weather all that very well.

Respected Contributor

@wagirl, thanks for the information! I will try the best California brand they have at the grocer-which would be a bit more inexpensive.

Are you a vegan, and if you are, are you familiar with Cristina Perrillo? She advocates cold pressed avocado oil for salutes at higher heat and for deep frying, if you simply must. It is super high in Vit.E: I have a can and I ought to try it.

I haven't used it, so I don't know if this is a light or heavy oil. I will try it out!

Your results during radiation are impressive! Truly thankful, I have never had to undergo that treatment, but I have seen the side effects.

Hugs,

Poodlepet2

Honored Contributor

poodle---- I buy o/o from Trader Joes that is from CA. Yes I will try avocado oil. No I am not vegan and use meat sparingly when cooking for the fam. No I don't deep fry anything either. I will research Cristina Perrillo to see what she has to say.  too!!

I hope you NEVER have to go thru radiation too. But I'm very grateful that I am a 5 year survivor and for all the treatment that helped me beat cancer.

thanks

Respected Contributor

@wagirl I am a normal/dry skintype, in the cooler months but my skin is normal in the warmer weather. I always use products for dry skin, works for me. I would suggest, if you don't already do this is to use an oil cleanser or a balm...then apply a toner on a cotton round....A spray mist which is essentual for me...an Essence...all of them are good hydrators for dry skin to prepare for other skin products  Its all in the preparation lol!

Got off the subject sorry...I would not reco. to mix a carrier with an essentual oil, only because its a science & can harm some skintypes. Essentual oils are mostly fragrant, strong & can potentially irritate the skin. I have used a few in the past but a carrier as my base & a very small amount of an essentual which my skin did not like at all. I stay away from anything that contains citrus in my skincare. I also am blessed with clear skin so I do not use a Retinoid. What works for me, might not work for others, it all depends on skintype.

You can mix 3 carriers to try. Jojoba...Rosehip Seed oil..Argan....I basically use them straight up which is mostly Rosehip Seed oil or Argan, I usually seal everything in my nightcare rountine with Argan oil..

If you want to know the brands I use, I would be happy to share. There are quite a few ladies here who can offer more choices. HTH...Smiley Happy I did order the Brand "Leven Rose" Jojoba from Amazon. @Poodlepet2 Which brand do you use Wagirl & Poodlepet2? Off for now. later!

Respected Contributor

@wagirl While writing my last comments to you, I got distracted with phone calls, texts. I hope all is well with you & you have made a complete recovery. Best Wishes with a HUG! Talk laterSmiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Kabella, I use Bella Terra organic cold pressed jojoba.

Poodlepet2

Honored Contributor

Kabella--- yes I am doing well, thanks. Long hard road but it worked for me.

I did follow a recipe for my oils and didn't just go at it blindly. I use rosehipseed oil, Argan oil too. Cranberry seed oil was another one I used during radiation too. Don't recall which brand I bought but all were organic and first pressed. Got my parents good skin genes so am lucky for no skin issues except dryness. Also love Skinn brand softening essences too. 

Honored Contributor

My "cure" was to find the right foundation. I have these fine lines at the corner of my eyes that show up when I smile so I hated when foundations would gather there which many did. I have a handful of foundations I now use I found that do not do this. 

My skin is normal to dry- used to be more dry but has gotten more normal these days. And, again, the right foundation made all the difference in the world in terms of showing the dry areas or not.