Honored Contributor

Re: Cure for concealer and foundation creases!!!!

@jazzbabe wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

My "cure" was to find the right foundation. I have these fine lines at the corner of my eyes that show up when I smile so I hated when foundations would gather there which many did. I have a handful of foundations I now use I found that do not do this. 

My skin is normal to dry- used to be more dry but has gotten more normal these days. And, again, the right foundation made all the difference in the world in terms of showing the dry areas or not. 

@HappyDaze, do you mind sharing which foundations you use?  My skin is normal to dry in the cooler months and more normal in the warmer months.  I like light or light to moderate coverage foundations - less is definitely better for me. TIA

@jazzbabe I certainly can share with you what I use but we are all different so it may not work for you. I was also thinking how are skincare probably factors into how our foundation goes on and wears as well. I use serums and oils and always use an SPF before I apply foundation so that probably also helps with my foundations go on better? who knows really? Smiley Happy 

Anyway, I swear by Laura Geller's baked elements foundation. I very much dislike her balanced and brighten (it was horrible on me-color and application). I also swear by Missha Perfect Cover BB cream, signature real, and the wrinkle filler one. Which I use depends on my skin that day- the wrinkle filler is more moisturizing and a bit dewier, the signature  real is medium amount of moisture and the PC is the most normal. 

I will be test driving Wander Beauty's stick foundation soon so hopefully that one will be nice too. I've heard alot of good things about Josie Maran's vibrancy foundation and hope to try that out soon too.

HTH and good luck to you!

Valued Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@jazzbabe wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

My "cure" was to find the right foundation. I have these fine lines at the corner of my eyes that show up when I smile so I hated when foundations would gather there which many did. I have a handful of foundations I now use I found that do not do this. 

My skin is normal to dry- used to be more dry but has gotten more normal these days. And, again, the right foundation made all the difference in the world in terms of showing the dry areas or not. 

@HappyDaze, do you mind sharing which foundations you use?  My skin is normal to dry in the cooler months and more normal in the warmer months.  I like light or light to moderate coverage foundations - less is definitely better for me. TIA

@jazzbabe I certainly can share with you what I use but we are all different so it may not work for you. I was also thinking how are skincare probably factors into how our foundation goes on and wears as well. I use serums and oils and always use an SPF before I apply foundation so that probably also helps with my foundations go on better? who knows really? Smiley Happy 

Anyway, I swear by Laura Geller's baked elements foundation. I very much dislike her balanced and brighten (it was horrible on me-color and application). I also swear by Missha Perfect Cover BB cream, signature real, and the wrinkle filler one. Which I use depends on my skin that day- the wrinkle filler is more moisturizing and a bit dewier, the signature  real is medium amount of moisture and the PC is the most normal. 

I will be test driving Wander Beauty's stick foundation soon so hopefully that one will be nice too. I've heard alot of good things about Josie Maran's vibrancy foundation and hope to try that out soon too.

HTH and good luck to you!

@HappyDaze,  I am using the Missha signature real complete BB right now but The color match is not quite right so I have been mixing it with one of my other foundations.  I wanted to try the Perfect Cover but am concerned about the color match.  Thanks for sharing.

Honored Contributor

@Poodlepet2

Your thread comes at a fortuitous time.  Since Lumene has discontinued their CC cream, I've been looking at replacements.  I ordered a new pur-lisse BB cream and it just wasn't working for me.  It was everything the Lumene CC cream wasn't.

I tried a moisturizer under it and that didn't work at all.  I have a huge bottle of jojoba that I always forget to use, so I tried that as a base.  It made a huge difference.

Still don't know if I'm going to keep this BB cream, but I'm definitely going to keep using the jojoba. 

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Funloving wrote:

I'm 60 which is hard for me to believe since I feel so young. I have no visible pores-- even using a strong magnifying mirror.  Age isn't necessarily a factor in any of this.

@HappyDaze- I do believe genetics does play into how we age.  My Mom died at a young 67 with flawless ageless skin & nary a real wrinkle.  She had beautiful dimples. Many thought she looked like a movie star.

@Funloving your mom sounds like a beauty, as I am sure you are too. I am sorry you lost her so young. I can't even imagine losing my mom. It will break my heart. big ol {{{hugs}}} to you!

@HappyDaze- Sounds like you're best friends with your Mom like I was with mine. Losing her in my early 40's was the most difficult life event I've ever endured.  We shared so many good times filled with love and laughter, yet managed to get through really rough patches with a good dose of humor.  My world is forever changed.  Enjoy your dear Mom to the fullest!   I so envy you but I'm very happy you have her!!!!

Honored Contributor

I have jojoba oil.  I'll give it a try before applying concealer.  Thanks!  Black African soap...oy!  I used it about 13 years ago (in bar form).  WAY too drying for me!

Honored Contributor

Another solution is to use NARS Creamy Concealer. It doesn't crease. I use the shade Custard and I blend that with Becca Peach. I have good success with covering some severely dark undereye circles this way. I also use Nivea Cream in the navy tub before I put on the concealer. 

Valued Contributor

@Funloving wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Funloving wrote:

I'm 60 which is hard for me to believe since I feel so young. I have no visible pores-- even using a strong magnifying mirror.  Age isn't necessarily a factor in any of this.

@HappyDaze- I do believe genetics does play into how we age.  My Mom died at a young 67 with flawless ageless skin & nary a real wrinkle.  She had beautiful dimples. Many thought she looked like a movie star.

@Funloving your mom sounds like a beauty, as I am sure you are too. I am sorry you lost her so young. I can't even imagine losing my mom. It will break my heart. big ol {{{hugs}}} to you!

@HappyDaze- Sounds like you're best friends with your Mom like I was with mine. Losing her in my early 40's was the most difficult life event I've ever endured.  We shared so many good times filled with love and laughter, yet managed to get through really rough patches with a good dose of humor.  My world is forever changed.  Enjoy your dear Mom to the fullest!   I so envy you but I'm very happy you have her!!!!

@Funloving, I also lost my Mom when I was in my early forties and I agree that it was the most difficult thing I have ever dealt with.  Although I miss my Mom, especially as Mothers Day approaches, I am thankful that we had such a special relationship and I celebrate the bond I have with my daughter and granddaughter.  

Respected Contributor

Hello everybody!

Mindy, thanks for the NARS tip. I have used them off and on, but lately, it has become an obsession!

I have tried so many concealer and moisturizers, it's not funny. Primers as well-how could I forget?

It's physics-just like rain water filling a ditch. I am getting places though- Korean skin care will be in my life forever!  Thanks @HappyDaze!

Yesterday I was playing on the Tube when I discovered a life-altering video by Wayne Goss on boosting your foundation to the next level. His advice-it doesn't matter if you use liquid or cream foundation-add one drop of oil. If it's a cream, just drop a drop into the pan and swirl.

Yesterday, I tried it with my Benefit liquid....and my skin looked flawless....I also had a lot left over.  

I used my jojoba because your your skin absorbs it, and it doesn't look greasy. 

I have a whole whole assortment of foundations. Today, I'm trying it on Eve Pearl's split pan foundation and I will use a drop in each side of the pan.

I love my foundations and have no complaints, but adding that tiny drop gave my face a real"lit from within" look. Most foundations with luminosity make me look greasy: I have to be really careful with luminizers. I love the look of this!

Poodlepet2 

Honored Contributor

I simply use Spackle with moisturizer and have no issues at all with MU getting into creases or wrinkles on my face. Perhaps you are using too much. Try lightening up your application.

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

I recommend a LXMI skin care regimen. They have a Pure Nilotica Melt that you can apply in the evening before bed and the Creme du Nil that can apply in the morning before applying your foundation.  This stuff works!! The nilotica melt is organic and the creme is natural.  QVC carries the creme only, but Sephora carries both!  Use them consistently and you will see a reduction in those lines!