Respected Contributor

Re: Cullowheegee Sasquatch bar

Too many irritating things in the ingredients.  Lye and eucalyptus?  NO

Trusted Contributor

Hi @Midmod ,

The skin on my face is dry/comb. and sensitive with Rosacea, plus other issues.

I have been told by a couple of different doctors throughout the years to use fragrance-free products on my face, and to stay away from natural products or those with botanicals in them on my face, as they can irritate my skin or even cause an allergic reaction for someone like me.

I once had a doctor tell me that just because something was natural, didn't mean that it was good for us.

He was referring to products with botanicals specifically because I was asking him about something in particular and he was telling me to stay away from using the product.

He had a good sense of humor and he said to me, "Poison Ivy is natural, but that doesn't mean we'd slather it all over our face." Smiley LOL

Trusted Contributor

Hi @Toppers3
Thanks for telling me. I'm going to be looking at Mom's complexion very closely to see if she's having some reaction. I buy Mom skin care. The last few months I have been buying her the Aveeno Calm & Restore items, serum + cleanser + moisturizer. I also have gotten her some First Aid items. Most recently I bought Dr Wellness aloe capsules.
I'm not sure why she's wanting to use this soap on her face; I suspect it's the ad she's fallen for. She doesn't get out much at all and has no idea how to research anything. When she asked me to buy had NO idea she meant to use on her face 😞
Trusted Contributor

I understand, @Midmod . Smiley Happy

I think that we all love pretty things and fragrances. I know that I do!

I can wear perfumes on my arms without any problems, and I like to wear nice hand creams and lotions.

The line of Aveeno products for sensitive skin is supposed to be really good. I have a tube of their gentle face scrub waiting for me. I have another scrub that I'm finishing up first before I use that one.

Hopefully your Mom won't have any problems with using the bar soap on her face if her facial skin isn't reactive.

You may be right in that she saw the magazine ad and then really wanted to try the soap. Sometimes those ads can be really convincing when it comes to trying to get us to trying a new product. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I hope she doesn't. She's 84 and I just want her to have whatever she wants.
Thank you for your kind words 💝