Respected Contributor

Cruelty-free products - and those that aren't

Do you use only cruelty-free products?  Do you think products that aren't should be banned from being sold in the US?

Frequent Contributor

Re: Cruelty-free products - and those that aren't

I do use only cruelty free everything. including cleaners.  go to Peta's list and 

they will list every product for every facet of your life. a product might say no

animal testing but that might be in the final stage of product development. 

" Cruelty Free".

Honored Contributor

I try very hard not to use any products tested on animals.  I just signed a petition for a company still performing these cruel acts, a cosmedic company.  No animal should be abused or tortured for cosmetic purposes.

As far as banning these products, that is an option.  However, I would hope after pressure is put on the companies they would stop this inhumane practice without having to go that far.  In this day and age we need to stop animal abuse for the sake of beauty as well as have severe penalties against individuals who harm and abuse animals.

Trusted Contributor

That's a very loaded question when products are made in the U.S. and tested on animals... 

I try to not buy anything that has been tested on animals and is cruelty free, but I can't say I haven't in the past because I didn't know at the time - I have become more aware and diligent in what and who I buy from. 

Honored Contributor

Yes, I  only use cruelty free products (beauty and household/cleaning items).

My hope is that one day they will truly ban the practice in every part of the world.

Valued Contributor

good morning :

Yes , I use only Cruelty free and try to use Vegan products as well for about 5 years now . I was a loyal MAC and Bobbie Brown user, but no more.I would love if products tested on animals would be banned , but cosmetics is a big money maker and greed seems to run it . Look at brands that were once cruely free but now have come under big mommas Estee Lauder and L'Oreal . I also no longer buy brands like becca ,Urban Decay who know are owned by these companies 

Honored Contributor

I can't say I'm 100% cruelty free.  I gave it a try and it became burdensome doing all the research and seeing conflicting information.  If I find a CF product that I like, that's great, but I know there are products I prefer that are sometimes not CF.  I am not vegan or vegetarian either.  It is an argument I don't wish to engage in because we live in a free country and The Constitution provides everyone with the liberty to conduct their lives as they see fit.  That goes both ways, though, so I don't agree that non-CF products should be banned here because that would be forcing someone's belief and way of life on someone else.

Regular Contributor

I made the switch to non-CF products everywhere in my home; from personal health products, skin care, makeup, household cleaners, etc.

There is a HUGE world of non-CF products out there and sometimes people feel that their choices are limited when that isn't really the case.

For example, I found highly satisfactory products for my face (skin care as well as makeup) to replace others I was using which were not CF. All it takes a little bit of online research and you'll tap into an endless fountain of possibilities. Aside from using only non-CF, I also use all natural, non-toxic products- and even that is an entire world in and of itself!!!

Honored Contributor

This is a very controversial topic, @Mellie32. What is your opinion?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

This is a very controversial topic, @Mellie32. What is your opinion?

I don't use only cruelty-free products and I'm perfectly fine with companies choosing to not test on animals, but I wouldn't support a ban.