Respected Contributor
Paula's Choice would be a great brand for the Q. This lady does her home work. Thanks SuzyQ. She does acne kits and aging skin and everything for everybody!

Honored Contributor

@Brisky wrote:
Paula's Choice would be a great brand for the Q. This lady does her home work. Thanks SuzyQ. She does acne kits and aging skin and everything for everybody!

@Brisky, PC was on the Q. Paula made several appearances. I don't purchase here, so I have no idea whether the Q stills sells the brand.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor
She did have aTSV once. I have not séen her since. I do use her products. I just bought her combo kit and a
Glycolic kit. I wanted her lip balm too ,it is always sold out. I just buy on line. She's not around much.
Trusted Contributor

@PugLover so agree with you. By chance do you know of any nice perfumes that are cruelty free.  I have always been an animal lover. I was until recently naive about the use of animal products and animal testing in perfumes. I do not support this. I do not wear a lot of perfume anyway due to allergies, but would like some options for when i do. Philosphy just is not for me. Do not like amazing grace at all and tried warm cashmere and can not smell it.

Honored Contributor

Re: Cruelty free cosmetics

[ Edited ]

@webbgarner1  I always have a selection of Pacifica scents on hand.  Their French Lilac is a best seller, one of my favorites and so refreshing and light.  Every time they go on sale ( periodically 20% off at Sprouts), I add to my collection (another favorite is Persian Rose) because I use them daily. They are very resonable in price when compared to perfume.  I'm sure you will find one that you treasure.  They are cruelty free and an ethical company that also sells cosmetic products (love their nail polish too).  Good luck...you can frequently find them at Target also as well as ordering online. 

Trusted Contributor

@phoenixbrd  thanks so much. I will definitely check it out. In this day and age, I find it horrific that companies would still  practice animal testing and use animal products in cosmetics.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

So happy that you are sensitive to the horrific plight of our animals.  If anyone watched the ghoulish films that show what these precious animals endure, they would never support a company that supports cruelty to animals or consume them as food. Enjoy your new scent...check in and let us know which one you chose! 

@webbgarner1 wrote:

@phoenixbrd  thanks so much. I will definitely check it out. In this day and age, I find it horrific that companies would still  practice animal testing and use animal products in cosmetics.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@webbgarner1@phoenixbrd

@webbgarner1 @phoenixbrd

Hi,  I'm also Cruelty Free.

Agree about Pacifica, thats all I use.  I especcially like vanilla, orange, and coconut.  I like the hair and body mist, sometimes more than the perfume, and you get a lot more and cheaper, but really smell great. They also sell at Ulta. 

I use to love Philosophy, perfumes until Coty bought it, then only the 3 in 1's, until learning they were no longer cruelty free - became cruelty INDUCED by selling in China(maybe they've reverted back to cruelty free) now I only use Pacifica. Love it!

Cat Very HappyHeartCat Very Happy

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PugLover

Hi, I couldn't agree more!  

Wish I could find out if Isomers was cruelty free. I called a few months ago, each call not quite we absolutely are cruely free and so are the vendors we ship too, not quite clear, they said they sell to a vendor in china, and when they, Isomer's, ship to that vendor they send their items packaged and China wouldn't open the packages???

Their FAQ's about animal testing is vague, if you read it right.

I 'd love to find out as they have very good products.

Philosophy use to be cruelty free, now they're cruelty induced by selling in China, so I stopped supporting Philosophy's ( and many others)- ok to torture and kill beautiful little souls-.  Maybe they've reverted back to cruelty free.

I used the original Philospohy scents, makeup, body/bath products before it was sold to Coty, after the sale the scents didn't last, at least not on me, they smelled heavy of alcohol, plastic-y, just odd to me, on me, and everyone else I knew who used them prior and after the sale.

I did continue with certain 3 in 1 bath products.  loved them, I hated to give them up this past summer when I realized they had gone from cruelty FREE to cruelty INDUCED.

I was oblivious to the change until this summer, but as soon as I realized, that was it. No matter how much I love the bath items, I loved the animals more, and I  loved my soul more- couldn't live with smelling nice  knowing  horrible testing on a sweet little beautiful being, who has no choice but endured horrific suffering, they can't get away, well they eventually can, through death.  Nothing, no wrinkle, no smelling nice, nothing, I can't do that.  

I'd always thought my skincare, makeup, fragrances were ok.

I just didn't know better until this summer

Maya Angelou said  “Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better." and I have!

Cat Very HappyHeartCat Very Happy

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@webbgarner1 wrote:

@PugLover so agree with you. By chance do you know of any nice perfumes that are cruelty free.  I have always been an animal lover. I was until recently naive about the use of animal products and animal testing in perfumes. I do not support this. I do not wear a lot of perfume anyway due to allergies, but would like some options for when i do. Philosphy just is not for me. Do not like amazing grace at all and tried warm cashmere and can not smell it.

@webbgarner1, you might look into niche fragrances, especially perfume oils. The houses from which I puchase are cruelty-free and mostly vegan (specified if otherwise in a particular scent.

I'm enjoying oils for many reasons: price, alcholol-free, richness, not huge projection so that you don't have to worry about offending others, vast selection of scent groups, easy for traveling, and I could go on. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland