Valued Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@Swedishmiss 

I watch a couple of beauty gurus on YT that love Purito!  One of them is Taylor Wynn.  Would you recommend it?

Girlactik...I've made two purchases from them.  The second was a repeat of the first.   What a novel idea.  If anyone else does it, I don't know about it.  I have Flirty and Twinkle

girlactik.JPG

@monicakm - I think it was a post of yours that got me interested in Girlactik! 😃. Thank you!!  I really like the Twinkle (I love shades of pink).  I am going to try their lip paint next.  How do you like the shade "Flirty"?  I might have to add that one to my order as well 🧐 

Yes, I really like the Purito BB cream.  I don't watch Taylor Wynn, but the Purito has lots of great reviews on Amazon (where I purchased mine). It is made in Korea, is cruelty-free, and came "safety sealed" (which I always like).

Esteemed Contributor

@Swedishmiss - good for you. However, here is what Cruelty Free Kitty wrote about Vanicream:

Vanicream is in the grey area

It's currently unclear whether or not Vanicream is cruelty-free, since they haven't provided enough information. Some brands that fall under this category refuse to share their complete animal testing policy or answer questions about their cruelty-free status.

Imo, a company that is truly CF should be proud of that fact and share it. That is a brand I won't purchase. But, the others look interesting. Thank You.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Cruelty-free Makeup

[ Edited ]

@Swedishmiss   I applaud you for trying, there's so few American made cosmetic brands that refuse to sell to China and are truly cruelty free.  Have you tried TheBalm cosmetics? They're cruelty free, made in USA, don't sell or ship products to China and  use clean ingredients.

Respected Contributor

Any product manufactured overseas must be labeled

cruelty free or it cannot be sold in the United States.

in other words, you can have a person making creams in their backroom in an abandoned warehouse in some 3rd world country being sold in the U.S. labeled cruelty free.

Just because it cruelty free doesn't mean it's good for you or won't irritate your eyes or skin.   

Valued Contributor

@riley1 wrote:

@Swedishmiss - good for you. However, here is what Cruelty Free Kitty wrote about Vanicream:

Vanicream is in the grey area

It's currently unclear whether or not Vanicream is cruelty-free, since they haven't provided enough information. Some brands that fall under this category refuse to share their complete animal testing policy or answer questions about their cruelty-free status.

Imo, a company that is truly CF should be proud of that fact and share it. That is a brand I won't purchase. But, the others look interesting. Thank You.

Oh no!  Smiley Sad

Thank you @riley1 for letting me know.

Valued Contributor

Re: Cruelty-free Makeup

[ Edited ]

@decaf Yes!  I love theBalm!  Unfortunately, they discontinued the tinted moisturizer that I loved and used for years (BalmShelter).  
Their  blush, "Down Boy" was also a staple for me, but that one was discontinued as well. Smiley Sad

Trusted Contributor

@Swedishmiss  Oh no!  I use Down Boy and I didn't know that. Thank you for letting me know.  I also have Frat Boy but I like Down Boy more.

I don't understand why companies discontinue their most iconic products.  I'm wondering if it could also be a problem securing the necessary raw materials, especially now with all sorts of shortages due to C*vid.

It's going to be hard to find a good replacement for DownBoy.  TheBalm is all talc free, I'm allergic to talc, it makes my face itch like crazy.

I'm so sorry for you, they discontinued both your favs. So sad.

Honored Contributor

@Swedishmiss 

Much to my surprise I really like the Flirty color.  I'm not really a brown/nude lip color person but it has enough sparkly/shimmer that it doesn't come off as brown.  And you're welcome!

I'm going to order some Purito (thank YOU).  Do you find the shades to be accurate?  I'm a light neutral....leaning ever so slightly pink if I had to Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Swedishmiss 

$9.80?  Is this the right Purito?  It only comes in 3 shades?  I wear light but this looks more like fair.  I'd be afraid to order Natural Beige.  Is BB cream somewhat like a skin tint when it comes to colors?  One color will work with a multiple skin tones?  On a scale from 1-10, how glowy is it?

Esteemed Contributor

ELF cosmetics are cruelty free. Their brushes are 100% synthetic and they don't test on animals. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain