Honored Contributor

Re: Cruelty free Cosmetics ....

One of my new favorites- Voodoo Makeup. I just discovered Ilia, as @sophiesofers mentioned earlier in this thread. Cat Cosmetics is another longtime favorite. 

I also had to say goodbye to some of my favorites- Charlotte Tilbury, MAC, and Laura Mercier, to name a few.  

Valued Contributor

@beach-mom   I will have to check out Voodoo Cosmetics, as well as ilia and Cat Cosmetics.  Thank you!

I gave up MAC and Laura Mercier too.  I have only purchased much a couple things from Charlotte Tilbury (a bit over hyped IMO), but my understanding was that it is a cruelty-free company.

Esteemed Contributor

@Swedishmiss - Here is what Cruelty Free Kitty posted abut Charlotte Tilbury:

Charlotte Tilbury has confirmed that it is truly cruelty-free. They don't test finished products or ingredients on animals, and neither do their suppliers or any third-parties. They also don't sell their products where animal testing is required by law.

They are also certified by Leaping Bunny.

However, their parent company, Puig is not CF.

Valued Contributor

@riley1  Thank you for clarifying!

Honored Contributor

@riley1 wrote:

@Swedishmiss - Here is what Cruelty Free Kitty posted abut Charlotte Tilbury:

Charlotte Tilbury has confirmed that it is truly cruelty-free. They don't test finished products or ingredients on animals, and neither do their suppliers or any third-parties. They also don't sell their products where animal testing is required by law.

They are also certified by Leaping Bunny.

However, their parent company, Puig is not CF.

@riley1 and @Swedishmiss - I found this and thought it was interesting:

From the Ethical Elephant 

Is Charlotte Tilbury Sold in China?

At the beginning of 2020,  it became known that Charlotte Tilbury had testers of their products in a pop-up store in mainland China.

Chinese customers weren’t able to buy Charlotte Tilbury products at this store location. But instead were directed to order and purchase Charlotte Tilbury products online on their website or on TMall Global.

Charlotte Tilbury Sold Online Only

Cosmetics sold online in China do not require animal testing. So Charlotte Tilbury can sell their products online and ship directly to customer’s homes in China without pre-market animal testing.

Charlotte Tilbury Not Sold in Stores in China

Again, it’s worth repeating here: Charlotte Tilbury is not selling any of its products in physical stores in mainland China. Some of their products were for “display purposes only” in mainland China. 

In June 2020,  Puig became a major stockholder in the brand. And Puig is NOT a cruelty-free corporation because they allow some of their other brands to test on animals.

It’s your choice whether you want to support or boycott cruelty-free brands owned by a parent company that is not cruelty-free. There is no ‘right’ or ‘wrong’ answer to this. I encourage you to do what you’re comfortable with, but I think it’s important to disclose that Puig owns a majority stake in Charlotte Tilbury.

Honored Contributor

@Swedishmiss .........Urban Decay

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Trusted Contributor

I'm a fan of elf, Milani, Acure skincare and Derma E skincare.

A good place to keep up to date is beautybulletins dot com

They also have a list of cruelty-free brands

Honored Contributor

@gehgis wrote:

Thank you for bringing your concerns about donkey milk,I have also worried about how it is sourced.  I give donations to a donkey rescue and I know donkeys have for centuries been abused.  I am wary of this product.

@gehgis 

The same is true of Goats Milk 🐐.

I just can’t support it, no matter how nice it appears on the outside.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras