Esteemed Contributor

Re: Cruelty free Cosmetics ....

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1 wrote:

Mario Badescu is cruelty free and so is Kylie Skin and her cosmetics line too.  The Ordinary and the new shampoo line Monday.

@Katcat1 Kylie Skin is owned by Coty though, which is not a cruelty free company.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

@gertrudecloset   Maybe it was part of the sale to stay cruelty free as she was before the sale.  I am not going to condemn until I know the real facts.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Jane Iredale has some wonderful products. I have used some of her products for years. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1 wrote:

@gertrudecloset   Maybe it was part of the sale to stay cruelty free as she was before the sale.  I am not going to condemn until I know the real facts.

I seriously doubt that.  Once I sell you a car, I can't tell you what to do with it once you own it.  That's not how capitalism works @Katcat1 .  If she and Kim wanted it to remain in the hands of truly cruelty free parent company, they could have chose one to pitch for purchase.  My guess is they wanted to unload their companies as soon as they could and Coty was it. 

What we need is a realistic approach to this.  Facts have been given.....

Esteemed Contributor

Is BECCA Cruelty-Free?

Yes! BECCA is cruelty-free! All their formulations, ingredients, finished products are cruelty-free. BECCA doesn’t test on animals anywhere in the world. 

Acquired by Estée Lauder

BECCA Cosmetics was acquired by Estee Lauder in 2016

Since Parent Company of Becca, Estee Lauder does do some testing it is not a total cruelty free company.  Some items are not tested and some are.  They sell in China so they are required by law in China to test if they want to sell in that market.

New to the market is Jlo (Skin care) and of course, Fenty which is on its way to getting a bunny from PETA.  Fenty is not owned by a larger company.  It is owned by Rihanna Fenty!  Check these out for cruelty free.

Respected Contributor

Some of my favorite cruelty free lines are: Pacifica, Avalon Organics, Andalou Naturals, Acure. I use these mainly for skincare. Ulta's house brand is also cruelty free. 

For cosmetics I don't use high end cosmetics and some of my favorite brands are Everyday Minerals foundation, Essence (love their mascara), LA Girl (they have great inexpensive eyeliners) e.l.f. eyeshadows. 

New Contributor

Thank you for bringing your concerns about donkey milk,I have also worried about how it is sourced.  I give donations to a donkey rescue and I know donkeys have for centuries been abused.  I am wary of this product.

Respected Contributor

Trusted Contributor

There's a site called beautybulletins

that covers all things cruelty free.I go there several times a week.

Regular Contributor

When I read on her items, MADE IN CHINA, I decided that I won't buy anymore!!  Carmindy