Honored Contributor

Cruelty Free Foundation & Loose Powder

I am just sick over hearing that Laura Mercier isn't cruelty free. They are against animal testing and only test when the law requires it -- so they test. I had seen on a website that they were cruelty free. Laura Mercier is the make-up I've worn forever. It covers up my rosacea and yet looks very natural. I absolutely love it. I just put a tiny dab on as it doesn't take much. What in the world will I do? I'll have to peruse the Cruelty Free list and see if I can come up with another department store brand. I don't like to order foundation on line. I like to have the sales associate put it on for me to get the color right. If anyone has any suggestions for a department store brand full coverage (but natural looking and not heavy) foundation and translucent loose powder I'd really appreciate it.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Super Contributor

Re: Cruelty Free Foundation & Loose Powder

Jane Iredale is a dept store brand that is cruelty free. Not sure how well it would work with your rosacea

https://janeiredale.com/us/en/cruelty-free.htm

Honored Contributor

Thanks sun8shine. I tried to find a shade of Jane Iredale that matched my complexion at one time, and there wasn't a shade that was light enough. They probably do have one now, but I'm not sure I want to have to go to a dermatologist's office for my foundation. I'm also not sold on mineral foundations.

I'm just bumping this up to see if there are anymore recommendations.

-Henry David Thoreau

Regular Contributor

I am loving Josie Maran's Matchmaker foundation right now. It looks and wears great on me.
Honored Contributor

Who knows what any of these companies really do (test wise). Where did you hear about LM? I use her products. You can give Urban Decay a try. I tested out their foundation that was very nice. If you want to spend more money try Armani or Chanel. Good luck.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

On 7/15/2014 KatCat1 said:

Who knows what any of these companies really do (test wise). Where did you hear about LM? I use her products. You can give Urban Decay a try. I tested out their foundation that was very nice. If you want to spend more money try Armani or Chanel. Good luck.

Someone on these boards told me that Laura Mercier was no longer cruelty free, that they tested "where required by law." Then I looked it up on logicalharmony dot net. I am still just sick over it. I love Laura Mercier make-up. I'm going to finish what I have, but it's almost time to buy more foundation. Thanks for the tip on the Urban Decay. Their parent company isn't cruelty free though. I would never spend the money for Armani or Chanel.

-Henry David Thoreau

Contributor

N/m
Honored Contributor

On 7/15/2014 NickNack said:
On 7/15/2014 KatCat1 said:

Someone on these boards told me that Laura Mercier was no longer cruelty free, that they tested "where required by law." Then I looked it up on logicalharmony dot net. I am still just sick over it. I love Laura Mercier make-up. I'm going to finish what I have, but it's almost time to buy more foundation. Thanks for the tip on the Urban Decay. Their parent company isn't cruelty free though. I would never spend the money for Armani or Chanel.

Armani is owned by L'oreal so not techinically cruelty free.

I am not sure about Chanel but I do know they use fur in some of their really high end clothing so...

Super Contributor

Check out IT Cosmetics.....Michelle

Honored Contributor

I love my faerieorganic mineral makeup and won't leave it!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~