Contributor

Re: Cristina Carlino, please come back!!

Cristina sold Philosophy in 2007 to the Carlisle Group. They sold to Coty in 2010 and ended her role as an on air presence. She is so far removed from Philosophy, in fact she's on her second project since then... Ain't going to happen.

Contributor

On 7/10/2014 gazelle77 said: She sold the business.....it is out of her hands...She now wallows in billions of dollars.... Far from QVC.....

It was only millions.. lol and she used most of that to create a website called ArchetypeMe, where one could complete a survey and find out their personality type and how to best feed their soul, so to speak. It's been an abysmal failure and last I heard she dumped a ton of money into it, renamed it Archtype and it is still struggling. It's not a bad concept, just a little too "woo-woo" for me.{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Frequent Contributor

On 7/12/2014 Rowdymom said:
On 7/10/2014 gazelle77 said: She sold the business.....it is out of her hands...She now wallows in billions of dollars.... Far from QVC.....

It was only millions.. lol and she used most of that to create a website called ArchetypeMe, where one could complete a survey and find out their personality type and how to best feed their soul, so to speak. It's been an abysmal failure and last I heard she dumped a ton of money into it, renamed it Archtype and it is still struggling. It's not a bad concept, just a little too "woo-woo" for me.{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

oh, no...too bad for her.

LOL @ "too woo-woo"

Trusted Contributor

I'm sure she's enjoying the rewards of her hard work - but at the same time, how sad to see what's become of her former company. Such a decline in quality, etc I don't use the products any longer - way too costly for what you get.
Trusted Contributor

Teesa, it's called "skinnaturals". A week or so ago I put that in the other shopping channel's search bar, and nothing came up. I then had to go to the SKINN tab and go through every item. I think it was a today's special, but I can't remember.

Trusted Contributor

Teesa, I found the item number....307-441. It was a today's special which was a 6 piece kit. The price for that day was $29!!!!! The other 3 pieces were for his desert bloom fragrance items which I haven't used yet.

Frequent Contributor

On 7/13/2014 susan kay said:

Teesa, I found the item number....307-441. It was a today's special which was a 6 piece kit. The price for that day was $29!!!!! The other 3 pieces were for his desert bloom fragrance items which I haven't used yet.

Awesome! Thanks so much for taking the time to research and give me the information on the product, susan kay. Kiss

Esteemed Contributor

On 7/12/2014 Teesa said:
On 7/11/2014 Dell said:

Oh this original post is just too funny. When Cristina was on QVC many complained that she was dry, boring, had no stage presence, and wanted her gone. Well she is gone now and now people want her back.

I never complained. In fact, I couldn't care less about stage presence. All I care about is a good-quality product.

Me too. I had no problem with her at all and there were a few products I used faithfully. The quality has dramatically decreased, IMO, and I am no longer "a Philosophy girl".

Kiss

Esteemed Contributor

On 7/12/2014 stilltamn8r said: I think the point here is that when a company is yours, your brainchild, your baby that you have cared for and nurtured, you have an emotional as well as business, and, yes, even PHILOSPHICAL attachment to it, that no other person/corporation can...it is Christina's committment to her customers, and to her products and product development that we all miss....

Yes, I agree! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Frequent Contributor

On 7/13/2014 NYC Susan said:
On 7/12/2014 Teesa said:
On 7/11/2014 Dell said:

Oh this original post is just too funny. When Cristina was on QVC many complained that she was dry, boring, had no stage presence, and wanted her gone. Well she is gone now and now people want her back.

I never complained. In fact, I couldn't care less about stage presence. All I care about is a good-quality product.

Me too. I had no problem with her at all and there were a few products I used faithfully. The quality has dramatically decreased, IMO, and I am no longer "a Philosophy girl".

Kiss

I'm no longer a Philosophy girl either, NYC Susan. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Sad...