Contributor

Re: Cristina Carlino, please come back!!

I LOVED Amazing Grace in the old days but I quit buying a few years ago , just not the same. So sad

Frequent Contributor

On 7/12/2014 bscandle said:

I LOVED Amazing Grace in the old days but I quit buying a few years ago , just not the same. So sad

Yeah, I think I'm done too...Coty messed up a good thing. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Trusted Contributor

stilltamn8r, I agree with you on both counts. I definitely enjoyed watching Christina during her presentations. She was committed to developing quality products for her customers. I used a number or her products at one point, including Purity and the Microdelivery exfoliating wash, as well as a number of the fragrances.

Watch Dimitri James! I now use a number of his products. Even if you don't buy anything, he is fun to watch. There is, also, an ingredient listing for each of his products. Recently I tried a trio that he brought for sensitive skin....cleanser, serum, moisturizer. My skin likes it!

Frequent Contributor

On 7/12/2014 susan kay said:

stilltamn8r, I agree with you on both counts. I definitely enjoyed watching Christina during her presentations. She was committed to developing quality products for her customers. I used a number or her products at one point, including Purity and the Microdelivery exfoliating wash, as well as a number of the fragrances.

Watch Dimitri James! I now use a number of his products. Even if you don't buy anything, he is fun to watch. There is, also, an ingredient listing for each of his products. Recently I tried a trio that he brought for sensitive skin....cleanser, serum, moisturizer. My skin likes it!

susan kay, what is the exact name of the trio?

Honored Contributor

She's still down here.....wandering around the desert. Haven't heard of any new cosmetic endeavor.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

Even if she came back, she no longer owns the company......doesn't mean one thing would change. I love the smell of Pure Grace, but I no longer buy it because the smell lasts about 1/2 hr. (if I'm lucky) and then disappears.....not worth the money. I went back to Channel No. 5 body lotion and it works perfect for me.

Frequent Contributor

On 7/12/2014 hulagirl said:

Even if she came back, she no longer owns the company......doesn't mean one thing would change. I love the smell of Pure Grace, but I no longer buy it because the smell lasts about 1/2 hr. (if I'm lucky) and then disappears.....not worth the money. I went back to Channel No. 5 body lotion and it works perfect for me.

1/2 hour {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Super Contributor

On 7/11/2014 Dell said:

Oh this original post is just too funny. When Cristina was on QVC many complained that she was dry, boring, had no stage presence, and wanted her gone. Well she is gone now and now people want her back.

I always admired her and I liked her style, cool & confident. But, like you, I remember that some thought she was too stiff.

Occasional Contributor

She sold the company to Coty. You are right. Amazing Grace doesn't smell the same as it used to.

Valued Contributor

I enjoyed the old days when Christina was on. She was very good at advising callers about what would help them and what they didn't really need. She might have been boring to some, but I really enjoyed her shows and the products during that "era."

Those 3 n 1's used to be an aromatherapy experience in my shower.(LOL) Honestly, the bathroom just smelled delicious when I used AG, etc "then". Not really now and as nice as the three ladies are who host the shows, I feel like they make a bunch of bubbles without getting maybe the content Christina brought. It was a really nice, special line to me at one time...I guess I just liked a lot things about QVC better a few years back than I do now...