Super Contributor

I have used Dr. Denese for some time and like her products.  However, as I have been running out and trying to save some $$$, I have played around with other brands----not really enough time to come to a conclusion.  So, since there is easy pay today, I would like to hear what other ladies have sucess with?  I am 65---have the usual crepey and wrinkles---not too terribly bad---but always like to improve!  Thanks! (oh, I am not a fan of Thomas Roth---tried those and do not like)!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Crepey face?? Solutions?

Hi, @pietook. Are you exfoliating a couple of times weekly? That will help with cell turnover and give you new skin.

I exfoliate three times a week. Right now, I use Dr. Graff's retinol followed by Skinn's HydroVital moisturizing kit.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I do use Dr. Denese facial firming pads----almost daily.  I can tell they do help---more than I thought they would! I use my Claisonic also!  I have found Gold Bond neck firming cream works just as well as expensive creams----at least for me.

Contributor

I am another fan of the Gold Bond neck and chest cream.  I have tried several expensive brands and this product is just as good for half the price.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm in your same age range and am a big Dr. Denese fan. Her products have made a big difference in my skin. I usually order it on the easy pay days so it's more budget friendly. I do use the Clarisonic as well. 

My skin is sensitive and I have a ton of allergies.  Other products that I have tried were a disaster.

I did see some comaprisons between Dr. Denese and Elemis products. Both seem to be very good products. I'm sticking to what works for me but I do hope you get some other options.   

Esteemed Contributor

It does not sound as though your skin is sensitive, if you use DD firming pads. (Do you use that at night?)

Look at adding a glycolic acid in your a.m. routine: Paula's Choice glycolic acid gel or lotion (I think she has a 10%) - I started w/ this some years ago, which helped crepiness; and also Alpha (neotericcosmetics.com) has a 12% lotion, which is a work-horse product for me.

Have you also looked at adding a vitamin C?

Honored Contributor

@pietook wrote:

I have used Dr. Denese for some time and like her products.  However, as I have been running out and trying to save some $$$, I have played around with other brands----not really enough time to come to a conclusion.  So, since there is easy pay today, I would like to hear what other ladies have sucess with?  I am 65---have the usual crepey and wrinkles---not too terribly bad---but always like to improve!  Thanks! (oh, I am not a fan of Thomas Roth---tried those and do not like)!

It really is not necessary to use all products and/or stay within one product line. 

First step, you may want to have a facial at a medi spa where they can assess your skin's needs, do a thorough ckeansing, maybe dermabrasion to start you off w/ fresh, exfoliated skin.

What I learned after that experience: try to use medical grade skincare products usually called cosmeceuticals. Don't be talked into an elaborate skincare routine...difficult to keep it up & committ to it.

Necessitites: Cleanser to remove makeup Purity or an oil cleanser, Vit. C serum for morning, Retin A or Retnol to start, a good moisturizer (medical grade is Skinsceutical's Emolliance), eye cream and SPF 40.

Too many additional products complicate the routine & IMO, do not add any efficiency.

I've been told that neck creams usually are not a needed step. All products used on face go down the neck and on the chest as well as on back of hands....especially SPF. Makeup w/ SPF, unless you wear it on neck & chest... leave those areas unprotected. 

Super Contributor

Thank you for the ideas!  I did order Paula's Choice serum and moisturizer but wasn't very ipressed.  My skin doesn't seem to be sensitive at all----normal, neither too dry or oily.  I will def look into what has been mentioned!

Esteemed Contributor

Try Neutrogena..............1 product does it all for me

Respected Contributor

@MalteseMomma wrote:

Try Neutrogena..............1 product does it all for me

@MalteseMomma

Which product?