Respected Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@Pook wrote:

Any good exfoliator can really help moisturizers work better.  Putting any moisturizer on dead skin cells will not help crepey skin without exfoliating first.  

I shower with these exfoliating gloves.  Very convenient.  

8pcs Bathing Exfoliating Gloves Shower Scrubber Dead Skin Remover Body Skin Scrub Exfoliator Gloves

@San Antonio Gal   Oh, I love these, if not just for the colors alone!  So pretty!

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

@Hoovermom wrote:

I have been a lotion/exfoliating lover most of my life....BUT I have never found anything that will make crepey skin disappear only mask it temporarily.  Genetics has to play a part in this unsightly (to me LOL) condition since I've seen it in my family.  Thank goodness my face is not lined with wrinkles..........JMHO.

All of the products mentions are wistful thinking.  In the end, crepey skin will win and the best solution is 3/4 or long sleeves.  For you own peace of mind, learn to live with it.  Probably other people don't notice it nearly as much as you, if at all.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@tototwo wrote:
Gold Bond Crepe Corrector.

Works for me!

@tototwo 

Is it scented or unscented?

Honored Contributor

My 83 year old mother has this.  I really wasn't sure what you guys were talking about till @Kachina624 mentioned wearing long or 3/4 lengh sleeves.  That's what mom does.  I didn't know WHY she had on long sleeves in July so I asked.  It was to cover the crepiness.

Honored Contributor

I exfolliate and use really good moisturizers but still will have some crepiness on upper arms and around knees but I'm 69 so it goes with age.  I am very muscular and toned so not flabby (nothing wrong with flab either) but even if so would never resort to covering arms and legs up.  I am proud of my age and to be able to do heavier workouts and lucky at my age to still be able to achieve this as some day I may not be able to.  I will not hide the aging process - fight it but not hide and pretend it doesn't exist!!

Honored Contributor

If crepey skin becomes bothersome and if you just can't stand it any longer then there are some medical cosmetic procedures which can fix it. For example, laser resurfacing (Fraxel) and ultrasound (Ulthera). Both treatments can last quite a long time, up to three years if you take good care of your skin. Expensive, yes but it's another option for anyone seeking to treat crepey skin who have exhausted other treatments which have failed.

Honored Contributor

I am not majorly crepe-y but I like using Crepe Erase.

It's not a miracle and I think part of the success is regularly hydrating and massaging the area, which has it's own benefits.

I don't like the crepey part of my knees.   I make sure I use it there every day.    A good healthy body oil could provide the same effect as any lotion.

Esteemed Contributor
As I stated in another thread, Gold Bond Crepe Corrector is not a permanent fix. Like many other products, it needs to be applied every day or every other day. Consistency is key.

I've applied body lotion every morning for 15-20 years, so applying the Gold Bond every morning is no big deal to me. I'm 73, so I know very well the crepiness on my inner arms is age-related. I'm just delighted that's the only crepey skin I have....so far.
* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Trusted Contributor

Hi @Pook 

YES!  I applaud your confidence and encourage everyone to try to love yourself a little bit more.  There is nothing to be ashamed of or to hide with getting older.  It is a badge of honor many do not get. 

Of course we all want to look the best we can.  Nothing wrong with that.  Exfoliate and moisturize to show your skin some love.  If you really feel uncomfortable then, of course wear longer sleeves.  The most important thing is to take care of yourself, so you are comfortable and able to enjoy yourself.  Because honestly, anyone judging you isn't worthy of you.  

Esteemed Contributor

I thought that my dry brushing every night with the Salux cloth was preventing crepey skin. I've been dry brushing for circulation, and I thought it was giving me that side benefit.

I do not use any body lotions.

But, now I have a new theory - it might be because of the high intake of vitamin C that I take every day, which, as I have read, supports collagen in the body. I was taking that to prevent colds, which is also a side benefit.

As with any good practices, quick fixes or "one-night stands" simply will not do.