Trusted Contributor

Re: Crepe-y skin under eyes -- what cream and makeup to use to de-emphasize?

@SilleeMee  Plastic surgery is OUT. This is a temporary condition and will subside eventually, but I'm seeking solutions during the discomfort. I could consult with a dermatologist but prefer to first try less "$$pecialized" solutions.

Trusted Contributor

@Naturesbeauty  I did notice that when I was in the shower my eyes felt SO much better from all the moisture.  I think they looked a little better, too. Your idea of a facial steamer to address the discomfort might be worth pursuing...

Trusted Contributor

@Dusty1  I use Ponds Cold Cream to remove eye makeup each night, and wash my face with Dove. Then, I use Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizer. So nothing harsh there! I might look at other OTC eye makeup removers...

Honored Contributor

Surgery is not the only option. There are many non-invasive things that can be done and are not as expensive as one might expect. I understand your situation. Woman Happy @LonestarBabs

Trusted Contributor

@Katcat1  Tried that one time during a previous allergy attack. My eyes did not react well -- I thought they looked puffy (not to mention felt gross all night) and I disliked the tacky/sticky sensation.

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee  Luckily I do not have any bags under the eyes. But my non-invasive approach would be topical in nature. Feel free to share any of the ideas you're alluding to, and I'll investigate.

Honored Contributor

@LonestarBabs,

I had laser (resurfacing / tightening) treatments done on my eyes. It was a series of treatments, one a month for 6 months. Made my eyes look years younger. I am still very happy with the results . I'm 62 now. It was done about 14 years ago. 

Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse.  What I can't believe is how closely you watch me!  Cat Tongue

kindness is strength
Frequent Contributor

@SilleeMee I actually started using the Maybelline Rewind concealer based on a recommendation by you in another beauty thread, so I owe you a huge thank you Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I've decided to try some Olay Regenerist products, and see what the results are.

I know that I need to change my eye shadows from powders to cremes as I get older, and maybe mix moisturizer with concealer/foundation under the eyes. I'll try a few new makeup products as well.

But first, getting over this allergy attack would be nice! It is so windy here that the allergens are just blowing all over the place.