Honored Contributor

Re: Cream to powder blush --- how to apply it

@Kabella wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 I use my fingers or a brush. Since you are new to applying cream blushes, just use a small amount on 2 finger, your 3rd & 4th. The warmth of your fingers while gently blending works well. I can reco.an affordable brush for blending cream blushes which does work well. Its Elf Studio small stipple brush. I have others too but Elf works just as well. Just lightly dip it on the blush, you can always add more. If you feel you have used too much blush, use a damp beauty blender & pat that over the blush to lighten the application.  Good LuckSmiley Happy

@Kabella

Thank you for the tips!  I appreciate the help! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 Your Welcome!

Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1, a couple of weeks ago, I read this article in one of my girlie magazines about using Burt's Bees colored lip balm as blush-in fact, you can use many-not all-lipsticks as creme rouge. I bought two shades of Burts, and they are beautiful on lips and cheeks.

I always start with a little and blend: I can say they have excellent hydrating properties on lips, and even in Florida heat, they don't melt or feel greasy.

A really easy look is to take just a little pink-it could be eye shadow or blush or rouge and apply with a little to the socket of your eyes: dust under the brow bone with a light shadow-or even a little light colored concealer. If you use concealer, put it on your lids all the way to your brows and pat it into the delicate eye lids.It really brightens your eyes. If you have time, add a little brown eye shadow on the outer corners of your eyes and blend upwards towards the brow.

Of course, you can go the whole mile and add mascara-brows always....it seems so many of us have issues with those!

This is a great polished look that's not overdone at all-and it's so easy!

The thing to remember is always moisturize first-and let that absorb before applying anything else. 

Poodlepet2

Honored Contributor

@Poodlepet2 wrote:

@AngelPuppy1, a couple of weeks ago, I read this article in one of my girlie magazines about using Burt's Bees colored lip balm as blush-in fact, you can use many-not all-lipsticks as creme rouge. I bought two shades of Burts, and they are beautiful on lips and cheeks.

I always start with a little and blend: I can say they have excellent hydrating properties on lips, and even in Florida heat, they don't melt or feel greasy.

A really easy look is to take just a little pink-it could be eye shadow or blush or rouge and apply with a little to the socket of your eyes: dust under the brow bone with a light shadow-or even a little light colored concealer. If you use concealer, put it on your lids all the way to your brows and pat it into the delicate eye lids.It really brightens your eyes. If you have time, add a little brown eye shadow on the outer corners of your eyes and blend upwards towards the brow.

Of course, you can go the whole mile and add mascara-brows always....it seems so many of us have issues with those!

This is a great polished look that's not overdone at all-and it's so easy!

The thing to remember is always moisturize first-and let that absorb before applying anything else. 

Poodlepet2

@Poodlepet2

Very nice and clever ideas!  And things which I never think about!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin