Honored Contributor

I have several Bobbi Brown cream shadows in the pots and have used the Maybelline ones also. I thought I was a fan of cream shadow, but not so much anymore. I feel the cream shadows don't apply very smoothly to my lids (yes I use an eyelid primer and no my lids aren't wrinkled), I find myself reaching for powder shadows more often.

Respected Contributor

Re: Cream Or Powder Eyeshadows

I agree with you. I keep thinking I will find the perfect cream or liquid eyeshadow for a simple wash of color on my lid, but it's always trickier than I want it to be. Since I use a brown powder eyeshadow as my liner, it's much easier to just use a powder on my lids as well.

Honored Contributor

I have tried cream eyeshadows in the past and did not like the application or the end result as much as I with good powder eyeshadows.

Plus, I think that applying the latter to my aging eyelids is easier than trying to smooth out a cream.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I use both but with an eyeshadow primer which I apply like a moisturizer.

I like the Lancôme Hypnose Stylo crayon cream type chubby pencils as cream eyeshadows. 

Have never tried the ones in pots.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

I've never really been a fan of cream shadows or blushes. Maybe it's just because my skin is oily, but when I can even get them blended and looking the way I want (rare), they never stay put. I never have a problem with my powders (and my HG eyelid primer!)

Trusted Contributor

Try Mabelline Color Tattoo Concentrated Eye Shadow Crayons. They are great.

They go on easily and you can layer on the pressure for light coverage or deeper coverage. I use a primer and the color doesn't move until I take it off - 9 hours at my day job, 4.5 hrs working and moving around on the ice.

The challenge is that even thought they come in many colors, you may only find a few in stock at a time. I've bought them at Target and WalMart.

Respected Contributor

I only use powder eyeshadow.You might want to try Lancome "color design" singles, they are the best and worn them for years.  Please read the reviews.  I never need to use any primer either.  One shade must have is "daylight".  Not white, not beige.  I panic when I get low...lol. Heart

Respected Contributor

I have oily eyelids and can't keep powder in place.  Besides, it makes my eyes water.

I use Bobbi Brown pot shadow in Shore as a primer.  Just a light layer.  Let Dry.  Then I use Armani gel shadow in a tube and even it out with a small blending brush.  It stays all day.

Esteemed Contributor

I prefer crayon thpe of eyeshdow sticks to powder shadows but really prefer no shadow at all and rather use an eyeliner like Covergirl Liquidline Blast in gray and then use a mascara on my eyelashes.

Trusted Contributor

I used to use cream eyeshadows from Revlon a while back.   I never bought the more expensive brands because I just wasn't sure how I felt about the cream shadows and I didn't want to spend the money on them.  The ones I used were really nice, but I only used them in the summer months when I wanted a quick wash of color before going out.  I also thought it looked nice with my "summer skin."  I bought another cream shadow a palette about a year ago and it just wasn't the same.  The color payoff wasn't great and it was crepey on my eyelids.  I guess I've changed.

I only use powder shadows now.