Frequent Contributor

Boehm Collector- I found this article online that's only a few weeks old:

http://www.byrdie.com/best-drugstore-cream-blushes/slide10 

The only one I've tried from this list is the ELF and I found it a little too pigmented.  I am fair and have mild rosacea. This product might be great if you're darker-complected.

Also- Target has discontinued the Sonia Kashuk line but you might get lucky and find the product in one of their Clearance bins at the end of an aisle.

Right now I am using Benefit Dandelion Dew- not a drugstore product but economical because I only need a tiny squirt for both cheeks. I got a sample and then bought the full size during a 20% off Ulta sale.It gives my pale face a natural looking rosy flush.

Trusted Contributor

wrote:

HIMI lover, Also love NARS. Always used BB but pot rouge does seem not to be as smooth applying as when I first started puchasing. Coud be my old age. LOL Nars is moe expensive. However, you do get what you pay for. Will continue with the Nars. Since BB sold her company a couple of years ago I believe the products are also changing. What do you think? Still love her Beach parfum. Have a couple of bottles purchased sev years ago that still have great scent. What perfumes do yoi enjoy? Hope I am not being nosey.

@sligo

I do love the Beach perfume. But, lately, I haven’t been using cologne. I found some old Bobbi Brown rouges in my blush collection, but they’ve gotten a little drier. I like NARS, but I don’t like buying from their site. It can most likely be found at Sephora. BB products have changed. I’ve always liked Tova Signature and Pure Grace. I remember one day this girl that I worked with walked past my cube and said “it always smells so fresh and good  when I walk by you”. The problem with some cream blushes is that they seem to disappear after applying. Clinique has chubby stick cream blushes in a tube. One I particularly like is called “Amped up Apple”. It is not red, but more of a nude shade with color. Looks like a natural blush. I bought it quite awhile ago, so I’m not sure they still have it in their collection. I’ve seriously cut back on makeup purchases. You’re not being nosy at all. 

Valued Contributor

Don't know about drugstore cream blush, but I love my Doll 10 cream blush! 

Respected Contributor

ELF has a wonderful cream blush palette. I think it comes in two choices. I’ve found that I prefer a blush stick and I’ve switched to Clinique, but can vouch for the ELF. 

Super Contributor

I love my Josie Moran color stick.  Maybe you could talk a friend into ordering the big one with an added little one and use that.   It lasts a long time, and you can use it for eyeshadow AND lippie

Esteemed Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

HIMI lover, Also love NARS. Always used BB but pot rouge does seem not to be as smooth applying as when I first started puchasing. Coud be my old age. LOL Nars is moe expensive. However, you do get what you pay for. Will continue with the Nars. Since BB sold her company a couple of years ago I believe the products are also changing. What do you think? Still love her Beach parfum. Have a couple of bottles purchased sev years ago that still have great scent. What perfumes do yoi enjoy? Hope I am not being nosey.

@sligo

I do love the Beach perfume. But, lately, I haven’t been using cologne. I found some old Bobbi Brown rouges in my blush collection, but they’ve gotten a little drier. I like NARS, but I don’t like buying from their site. It can most likely be found at Sephora. BB products have changed. I’ve always liked Tova Signature and Pure Grace. I remember one day this girl that I worked with walked past my cube and said “it always smells so fresh and good  when I walk by you”. The problem with some cream blushes is that they seem to disappear after applying. Clinique has chubby stick cream blushes in a tube. One I particularly like is called “Amped up Apple”. It is not red, but more of a nude shade with color. Looks like a natural blush. I bought it quite awhile ago, so I’m not sure they still have it in their collection. I’ve seriously cut back on makeup purchases. You’re not being nosy at all. 

@Himi lover ......   Tova Signature and Philosophy's Pure Grace are/were  two of my favorite perfumes.  Unfortunately, they have both changed.  I still use Tova Signature but no longer use the Pure Grace.  

Esteemed Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

Can anyone recommend a good drug store cream blush?   TIA

@Boehm Collecter  I tried several years ago, but none had the staying power or intensity of color of the few dept. store brands I’ve tried. If don’t have to keep reapplying, save money that way. 

Try Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge, Tarte, & my favorite NARS Multiples in a stick.

Hi @Shanus .....  I had some Macy's Gift Cards from Christmas so I ordered the Bobbie Brown Pot Rouge in Pale Pink.  It got good reviews on Makeup Alley.  

Trusted Contributor

HIMI lover Appreciate your kind reply. Will check out Clinique color. I also love Pure Grace. Notice there is a slight  lighter scent in recent purchases. I do not like flowery scents. Will you share what perfume you are now purchasing? Prefer light fresh scents. Do not enter room before me or give anyone a headache. TIA

Trusted Contributor

Re: Cream Blush suggestions

[ Edited ]

Once I find a cream blush that I like it seems to get discontinued.  But one drugstore brand that hasn't been mentioned yet is Maybelline blush stick.  I like the plum color.  It blends easily.  

Honored Contributor

wrote:

Shanus, I have no idea your age. I am over 60 with a couple of slight wrinkles. No num11. Find that cream blushes emphasize the wrinkles. blush seems to lay in the creas. Prefer the powder. Also, use Nars Orgasm. LOVE

@sligo Hi, I’m 69, but no wrinkles....long story. I think powder anything is not great on older, drier skin. It settles into the lines. When I use my cream blush, I apply it with my foundation brush. If you feel it’s dragging, dip the end of your brush in moisturizer first and then apply.