Esteemed Contributor

Can anyone recommend a good drug store cream blush?   TIA

Honored Contributor

wrote:

@Boehm Collector  I tried several years ago, but none had the staying power or intensity of color of the few dept. store brands I’ve tried. If don’t have to keep reapplying, save money that way. 

Try Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge, Tarte, & my favorite NARS Multiples in a stick.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

@Boehm Collector

E.L.F. has a cream to powder one that is pretty good.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

Check out reviews at Beautypedia.

Trusted Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

@Boehm Collector  I tried several years ago, but none had the staying power or intensity of color of the few dept. store brands I’ve tried. If don’t have to keep reapplying, save money that way. 

@Shanus

Hi. You were the one who told me about "tightlining”. I bought two Mally gel eyeliners and tried this technique the other day. It really makes a difference!  I have to practice though. 

I was wondering what you think of powder blushes vs cream blushes for women over 60?  Lately, I’m beginning to think that powder just isn’t working anymore. I’m thinking of trashing them. What is your opinion?  I also have some of the NARS multiples. 

Honored Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

@Shanus

Hi. You were the one who told me about "tightlining”. I bought two Mally gel eyeliners and tried this technique the other day. It really makes a difference!  I have to practice though. 

I was wondering what you think of powder blushes vs cream blushes for women over 60?  Lately, I’m beginning to think that powder just isn’t working anymore. I’m thinking of trashing them. What is your opinion?  I also have some of the NARS multiples. 

@Himi lover  I love cream blush when my skin is drier. When more oily, I use a cream blush like NARS Orgasm w/ the powder Orgasm on top to set it. Tight lining does take practice, but once you get the hang of it, more lid space which makes eyes appear larger and more open & less mascara coats needed...less clumping. 

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus

@Himi lover  I love cream blush when my skin is drier. When more oily, I use a cream blush like NARS Orgasm w/ the powder Orgasm on top to set it. Tight lining does take practice, but once you get the hang of it, more lid space which makes eyes appear larger and more open & less mascara coats needed...less clumping. 

@Shanus

Thanks. I’ll try that. Like most women, my skin is drier in the cold months, more oily in the summer, but my skin has changed lately and I’m more dry. Well, I don’t want to change the direction of this thread, but I like reading your posts.  

Trusted Contributor

HIMI lover, Also love NARS. Always used BB but pot rouge does seem not to be as smooth applying as when I first started puchasing. Coud be my old age. LOL Nars is moe expensive. However, you do get what you pay for. Will continue with the Nars. Since BB sold her company a couple of years ago I believe the products are also changing. What do you think? Still love her Beach parfum. Have a couple of bottles purchased sev years ago that still have great scent. What perfumes do yoi enjoy? Hope I am not being nosey.

Trusted Contributor

Shanus, I have no idea your age. I am over 60 with a couple of slight wrinkles. No num11. Find that cream blushes emphasize the wrinkles. blush seems to lay in the creas. Prefer the powder. Also, use Nars Orgasm. LOVE

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

Hi @Shanus .. is this the Tarte blush you use:

Screen Shot 2018-02-11 at 11.33.27 AM.png