Honored Contributor

Best to dab lightly the cream blush. I use my fingers. I apply it after my foundation. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

I only use cream blush unless I set it with the same color in powder blush on very hot, sweaty days. I use a round, tightly packed foundation brush (BB"s Full Coverage Face Brush) to apply foundation or tinted moisturizer. 

After applying the cream blush w/ another smaller brush, I use my foundation brush to help blend it in and mute it down since it still has the foundation on it. 

Valued Contributor

I use my fingers to tap cream blush after my foundation has set. I have also used a stippling brush like MAC 187, to apply. 

Honored Contributor

I tap mine on with my fingers, get it pretty much where I want it and then blend with a brush.

Honored Contributor

Thanks everyone for all your responses!  Looking forward to getting the blushes and trying them out.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Cream Blush Application

[ Edited ]

As I've said on here before, I've always used lipstick as my cream blush.  I apply after my moisturizer and before my foundation.  I swipe on a spot of lipstick, then blend with either a foundation brush or my fingers.  Swirl, swirl, swirl.  After I get my blush how I like it and looking natural, then I brush on a thin layer of foundation.  For me, the "blush" color lasts all day.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

I only own two cream blushes. Just not a big fan.  One is by Doll 10 and is in a compact.  I apply that with the large end of the IT Cosmetics Complexion Perfection double ended brush.  I tried with my fingers but I don't get a good application, maybe because it's in a compact.

I recently bought the CoverGirl Clean Fresh Cream Blush that comes in a tube.  I put a little on the back of my hand and then use an ELF stipple brush to apply it.  Again, I tried tapping it in with my fingers, which does work but I like the brush better. 

With both I will take my sponge and go around and soften the edges.

Honored Contributor

@JudyL   I tried it with no luck applying.  If you buy a really nice powder it will glide on the skin like it's cream.  That's what I decided to do.  P.S.  Nordstrom has makeup on sale.

kindness is strength