Honored Contributor

In my family, I am the lover of makeup.  Just this past Fall I finally got my sister wearing mascara, a little bit of blush, and lining her bottom lashes and she'll be 80 next August.  LOL   She wanted to, I didn't force her.  My DD likes makeup but not as much as I do.  She's more a one shadow, liner, mascara and thats it.  Every now and then I'll notice a little blush or gloss.

Me, on the other hand, well ya'll know what I'm like so all of you ladies are my makeup buddies.  Hope you don't mind.

Today when I got the new Gone Matte ColourPop eyeshadow palette, I realized when I opened it that, to me, it was like when I was a kid and opened up a new box of 64 crayons.  I was so excited to see all the colors.  Having so many palettes, when I decide to put on makeup, I feel like like saying "ohhh, now which box of crayons am I going to open today?"  HAHAHA

Anyone else feel this way?  Don't want to be the only weird one on this board.....LOL

Honored Contributor

It's ok.  I'll be weird with you Smiley Happy  You know how I am about makeup.  I wish you were here to admire all my hard work last night.  It's a thing of organizational beauty.  I showed my husband tonight.  I showed him the rolling tray first.  I had mentioned that I could have gotten a 3 tier for  the same price.  It would have worked where I ended up putting the cart but not where I was originally going to put it.  He agreed that I should have gotten the 3 tiered one.  Then I showed him the vanity drawers.  I thought he was going to fall over.  He thought all my makeup was in the cart lol  If he would like to have the cart I have now to put in the shop, maybe I'll get the 3 tiered one.  It took all of 20 minutes to put it together.  I counted 40 palettes but 4 of those went to mom and I could only throw one away.  And then there's that basket of CP singles!  Oy

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

It's ok.  I'll be weird with you Smiley Happy  You know how I am about makeup.  I wish you were here to admire all my hard work last night.  It's a thing of organizational beauty.  I showed my husband tonight.  I showed him the rolling tray first.  I had mentioned that I could have gotten a 3 tier for  the same price.  It would have worked where I ended up putting the cart but not where I was originally going to put it.  He agreed that I should have gotten the 3 tiered one.  Then I showed him the vanity drawers.  I thought he was going to fall over.  He thought all my makeup was in the cart lol  If he would like to have the cart I have now to put in the shop, maybe I'll get the 3 tiered one.  It took all of 20 minutes to put it together.  I counted 40 palettes but 4 of those went to mom and I could only throw one away.  And then there's that basket of CP singles!  Oy

@monicakm - I am so glad to have you in my corner!  Yes, we can be weird together.  I so wish I could come to your house and see your makeup collection and your organizational prowess.  I say get the 3-tired cart and as you ask your DH to put it together you can, lovingly, tell him how many uses the other cart will be for him in his shop.  By the time you are done, he will be so excited to have the cart that he won't mind the 3-tiered cart.  LOL

Honored Contributor

Together we could become rich YT sensations while doing what we love the most...makeup and skincare! LOL  

I think I'll ask DH if he would like to have the 2 tier cart.  After all, he's the one that mentioned I needed the larger one.  I need a little room for growth after all Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@monicakm after reading your post, I went and counted my eyeshadow palettes and I have 23.  If I used one palette each week, it would take me almost 6 months to go through all of them.  HAHAHA

Honored Contributor

LOL

Taylor Wynn has a Foundation Friday video up right now.  It's CT's new foundation.  Watching it and then I have to get ready for tomorrow and go to bed.  Good night.

Respected Contributor
I have 19 palettes and still use bronzer for eye shadow at least 4 days a week.
Trusted Contributor

@JudyL I'm right there with you!  I am really not a creative person except in my makeup.  I have always loved makeup but most of my friends don't care so much about it.  They basically wear the same stuff every day. 

Even though I have worked from home every day since March 2020, I have put a full face of makeup on every day unless I've been sick.  I actually look forward to sitting down and wondering what makeup I'm going to wear each day.  I especially love to try different eye looks.  Now that I don't have to go to an office every day I really enjoy that I get to experiment. It doesn't always turn out great, but I don't care because it washes off.

I am very much a logical, left brained person in all of my life/career except for makeup.  Your crayon analogy is spot on.  I'm as excited with my eye palettes as I used to be with those big boxes of crayons!

Honored Contributor

@JudyL wrote:

In my family, I am the lover of makeup.  Just this past Fall I finally got my sister wearing mascara, a little bit of blush, and lining her bottom lashes and she'll be 80 next August.  LOL   She wanted to, I didn't force her.  My DD likes makeup but not as much as I do.  She's more a one shadow, liner, mascara and thats it.  Every now and then I'll notice a little blush or gloss.

Me, on the other hand, well ya'll know what I'm like so all of you ladies are my makeup buddies.  Hope you don't mind.

Today when I got the new Gone Matte ColourPop eyeshadow palette, I realized when I opened it that, to me, it was like when I was a kid and opened up a new box of 64 crayons.  I was so excited to see all the colors.  Having so many palettes, when I decide to put on makeup, I feel like like saying "ohhh, now which box of crayons am I going to open today?"  HAHAHA

Anyone else feel this way?  Don't want to be the only weird one on this board.....LOL

@JudyL - I feel exactly the same way! I have way too many eye palettes, but that keeps me happy. Years ago I used to go into the bathroom on Friday nights and play while DH was studying!

I got Laura Geller's Party in a Palette set of 4 and saved it for Christmas. I love deciding whether to wear "Snow Day" or "Movie Marathon," or one of the others. Some days I'm wearing everything in the same brand; some days I mix. I'm all over the place, but I love to play with my makeup!  Smiley Wink

Trusted Contributor

Re: Crayons and Eyeshadows

[ Edited ]

Count me in ladies.  I agree, many of us have an overwhelming love of eyeshadow.  I've felt like that since my twenties. Just looking at them gives me a high, even the bold primary colors that I'd never wear.  I have a friend since HS who's a makeup artist and she recently said to me- too late, you should have rocked that look decades ago, lol.

When I go to Ulta, e/s is the first thing I have to check out.  I wish someone could invent entirely new colors just so we'd have more to select from.

@JudyL  It's nice that your sister is wearing a little makeup now.  I bet it makes her feel great.

@monicakm  Glad you didn't get the 2 tier cart in a baby pink or mint, a color your DH wouldn't use.  The three tier one sounds perfect.