Contributor

Can someone tell me the benefits this oil has for the skin? Does it clog the pores?

Also what is the best brand, and where do you buy it?

Thanks.

Respected Contributor

Not sure what it does but berryworks.com is a reputable source. Several posters here purchase products from Dr. Jonathan's website. Many had good luck with the cranberry oil but it broke me out.

Trusted Contributor

According to Jonathan Smith, "the cranberry doctor", it is a highly active form of Vitamin E called gamma tocotrienol. I just know my skin loves it. It's pure and light and does not clog my pores in the slightest.

There are cheaper places to buy it than Dr. Jonathan's berryworks.com site I guess, but I don't think $20.00 is too expensive for how long it lasts. I use it daily and a 1 oz bottle lasts from 6mos to 1 year. I trust his growing and processing practices so I continue to buy from him.

The shipping shown on his website is high, but it is an estimate. Michelle will reduce or refund excess shipping charges. I have found this to be true.

hth

~Dogs are my favorite people and my favorite people are dogs.~
Super Contributor

I was sent to this site for it http://www.berryworks.com. I haven't purchased it yet but myshell624 has it. It is supposed to be very good for your skin.

Frequent Contributor

I bought mine from Lotioncrafter

cranberry seed oil is an anti-oxidant so it fights aging, and it's moisturizing

Respected Contributor

The Vit E, as MrsSweetieBear talked about, is a very healing type and will calm down any sort of irritation or inflammation. This oil has antioxidant properties and will help keep your skin moisturized.

Dr Jonathan makes his by hand, cold pressing at the right temperature and the right pace to get the best quality product he possibly can.

It is a very light oil, not greasy and goes right into your skin. His products are all reasonably priced for the quality you get - the oil is the most expensive thing he has, but it is so worth it to me. It does last a long time and is so beneficial for the skin in the above mentioned ways - healing, antioxidant and hydration. Other serums or oils can cost a whole lot more and give you a whole lot less than this potent oil.

Hope you try it!

Honored Contributor
Is cranberry oil good for your hair or just skin...can you ingest this oil?
Respected Contributor
On 11/10/2014 dex said: Is cranberry oil good for your hair or just skin...can you ingest this oil?

I do use this on my hair and think that it makes it healthier without making it oily or greasy.

Unfortunately Dr Jonathan does not make an ingestible form, but I researched this and found out that cranberry seed oil is:

" .....an incredible source of essential fatty acids! The tiny seeds (they can fit on the head of a pin) have an almost perfect ratio of omega-3, -6, and -9 essential fatty acids—92% by volume! Our 700 mg capsules give you no less than 113 mg of oleic acid (omega-9), 238 mg of linolenic acid (omega-3) and 245 mg of linoleic acid (omega-6). Other beneficial nutrients include vitamin E, phytosterols, phospholipids and more."
This is just from Swanson Vitamins, but you can research it and see how excellent it is for you. I do take them, but am all out right now, but think I am going to start up again. Who knew??!!!

Honored Contributor
Thank you lannie I will look up swansons vitamins.Sorry it took me so long to get back on this.I don't even have an excuse that works...but I really appreciated your response.
Honored Contributor

I recently tried a few products from Dr. Jonathan's Lotion Company on the www.berryworks.com website, and I especially like the Night Time Beauty Cream with Cranberry Oil. It absorbs nicely and my skin looks smoother since I've been using it! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}