Respected Contributor

Re: Crabtree & Evelyn Bankrupt?

I used to love Crabtree & Evelyn products.

I remember when they had a store in the King of Prussia mall. I live two hours away, so it was always a treat when I actually got to go into the store. The store was just beautiful, and smelled so good!!

My absolute favorite scent was Spring Rain. It was so fresh and clean. I had everything in that line - shower gel, body lotion, body mist, even shampoo. Of course they discontinued it years ago. 

They also had Carnation shower gel that smelled exactly like a carnation. Yep, that was discontinued a long time ago, too.

The nice thing about the line was that their shower gel bottles were so pretty. The soaps were in pretty boxes. Even their talcs were in metal containers and had an old fashioned look to them.

I haven't bought anything in the line in probably 20 years. I just checked their website to see what they had. Wow, what a difference from the old days. They had such a big selection back in the day, now it looks like it's down to nothing.

Valued Contributor

Re: Crabtree & Evelyn Bankrupt?

About four years ago someone bought me some of their cozy socks.  Absolutely love them.  Ordered some more a year or two ago.  Went to the website about a month ago and they were no longer available.  Tried to call them and it went to voicemail .  They are the best socks to wear with loungewear or pj's.  There are two layers and unless it is unusually cold you don't even need slippers.