Respected Contributor
Outlet closed near me. I got hooked on their hand cream. Finally found something that is good fir my cuticles, keeping them moist so they don’t crack. Is the company bankrupt in USA? Any insight on what’s happening?
Honored Contributor

Re: Crabtree & Evelyn Bankrupt?

[ Edited ]

Too sad....their Nantucket Briar scent is iconic, I grew up on it, reminds me of my childhood.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It would not surprise me if they were. The 2 brothers who purchased the company years ago changed everything about it and all for the worse. Their online store is a nightmare to use and is why I moved on from their products. They changed many of their scents but kept the same name and that caused a trust issue with their customers (count me in because I was ticked off by that).

They are nothing like they once were and it's a shame but there it is. I have no clue who owns it now but there is no C & E in out state and they used to be in every mall. 

ETA: The company IS closing it's doors in CANADA. All stores are closing. Nothing about the USA side of the business going under.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Twins Mom.   I have a terrible time with brittle, spliting fingernails in winter.  I'd gotten this O'Keefe's product for my feet and started applying it to my cuticles.  It's very rich and after about 3 weeks of use, it appears my problem is cured.  It's also inexpensive at 2 tubes for $9.29 on Amazon

Screenshot_20181230-204414.jpg

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I still wear Nantucket Briar daily.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 I saw this at Walmart a few days ago and wondered about the efficacy.  Thanks for the recommendation.

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Twins Mom.   I have a terrible time with brittle, spliting fingernails in winter.  I'd gotten this O'Keefe's product for my feet and started applying it to my cuticles.  It's very rich and after about 3 weeks of use, it appears my problem is cured.  It's also inexpensive at 2 tubes for $9.29 on Amazon

Screenshot_20181230-204414.jpg

Honored Contributor

They also eliminated all but one of their dusting powder scents.  Of course, the one they kept, I don't like.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I don't know if anyone else remembers the Crabtree and Evelyn from the

80's ??  Wonderful hairbrushes and combs ....jellys ....Vetiver soap and

lotions .... it was wonderful .....we had a store in my hometown that

carried everything .....miss it for sure ......

Esteemed Contributor

I don't know what Crabtree & Evelyn's financial status is in the U.S. but they recently filed for bankruptcy in Canada and have closed all of their stores.

Honored Contributor

I tried to like Crabtree & Evelyn but just couldn't stand the scents of any of their fragrances! They are HORRIBLE!! The only thing I will use is La Source. Everything else really smells bad!!

"Pure Michigan"