Frequent Contributor

I have this too - where I end up with a "part" at the crown of my head rather than nice smooth hair.  I saw a video on drying bangs with cowlick and it works for me!  While hair is wet - brush and dry the "cowlicked" hair in all directions (left to right, right to left, top to bottom, etc.) - then style how you'd like.  I think it confuses the cowlick. Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

I have one big hunk of hair cowlick on the back of my head and I use the 3/4" Calista and it works great!

Honored Contributor

I've had a center part since I was a baby.   Can't do anything about it.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

I also have a very strong cowlick  on the back of my head. I use hair spray, Perfector, and make it go in the opposite direction. This lasts for the day, but never two days, and have to shampoo and do daily. Also, I got that Vavoom from HSN, which will crinkle it. That helps some. No good news on cowlicks. 8)

Respected Contributor

I have a huge one on the upper right in the back.  It looks like BIG white hole in my pale blonde hair.  I always use a pick to fluff it out, then a little spray.  Doesn't last...it's adamant about coming back, and flashing my prominent white roots!    LovelySmiley Embarassed

Respected Contributor

I think I have the same thing that's being discussed.  I asked my hairdresser about it and he said it wasn't a cowlick, but a whorl.  The hair grows in all different directions at that point.  His great suggestion was to do reverse teasing in that area.  Reverse teasing is you put the comb on top of each section of hair, instead of under it and then tease it and smooth it out.  It works!

Esteemed Contributor

Is your hair short or long?

I fought a cowlick on the crown of my head for years -- finally decided to just "go with it" and got a short haircut and style my hair in the direction it wants to go.  My hair's happy and I'm happy.  I know this solution won't work for everyone.............

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Frequent Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

Is your hair short or long?

I fought a cowlick on the crown of my head for years -- finally decided to just "go with it" and got a short haircut and style my hair in the direction it wants to go.  My hair's happy and I'm happy.  I know this solution won't work for everyone.............

Shoulder length. I look terrible with short hair. I envy you! :-)

Honored Contributor

Your complaining about 1 cowlick??? Holy cow lick batman! I have 4 of them! generally I just use mousse on them to tame them down when needed.My stylist knows to cut them a little longer so they lie down and not stick up. I have one in my bangs in the right side and that one I usually curl and comb it back so it does a 80's style feathered back look. Controlling them is all about how the stylist cuts them. Some know what to do and some don't. You should definitely point it out to her though so she is aware of it.