Honored Contributor

Re: Covergirl Simply Ageless

On 5/12/2014 gotpaw said:

Sorry to have to bump, but I really need some feedback.

Someone told me this foundation is bad for me or my skin (I thought the niacinamide in it was a good thing), but I get such a beautiful finish. Yes, this is coming from persons who use natural and/or department store mu. I want to make good decisions about mu and skincare, but I am sensitive to some of the natural and/or organic products I've used in the past. I really appreciate everyone's feedback. Like I said, it is affordable, quick & easy application, and the finish is very smooth. I did check Paula's rating but I just don't get the results she indicates I should expect in her review. For the record, I'm sensitive, acne-prone, and combo skin. I use mostly PC skincare, some NCN, and CeraVe at the moment. I have used BE skincare in the past (some I was sensitive to).

gotpaw, you're dealing with two different issues here. The first is that someone told you that this foundation is bad for your skin. I'm assuming that this person said that based on one or more ingredients? You mention niacinamide. That's an excellent addition to a foundation and one that is often found in good skincare. Unless you have some problem with that ingredient that you are aware of, it should not worry you in the least. Check it out in Paula's Cosmetic Dictionary.

The ingredient deck for your foundation is not one that would appeal to someone who won't use certain ingredients because she has read or heard that they are not good for us. For example, it contains parabens. But you have to ask yourself whether YOU believe that parabens used to preserve the product are harmful. My opinion and my belief are irrelevant, but suffice it to say that I am skeptical about so much misinformation that's broadcast these days without any credible support. Again, you might read what Paula Begoun has written about not only parabens but the other ingredients as well.

The other issue is what you read in Paula's review. I personally do put much stock in her reviews of skincare, but having said that, I tend not to worry so much when it comes to makeup. Makeup, IMO, is much more subjective. I did read her review. She definitely does not like the way this makeup applies or the way it performs. But if you do, then that's what matters. If you don't experience what she describes, then there's no problem.

I don't know whether any of this helps you. It boils down to your confidence in the ingredients not being harmful and your own opinion about how the foundation works for you.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Gotpaw, I've also got combo, acne-prone skin & I really like the Simply Ageless foundation. I'm not using it right now but I've bought it more than once in the past & I rarely like anything enough to buy a second time. I would buy it again, too.

Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}On 5/1/2014 KateChopin said:

I recently bought the Cover Girl CLEAN Whipped Cream makeup and I love it.

I got the clean whipped too and also love it! It goes on so creamy and even. Love, love, love it!

Regular Contributor

On 5/12/2014 iluvmakeup4 said:

I got the clean whipped too and also love it! It goes on so creamy and even. Love, love, love it!

Does it have SPF?

Valued Contributor

I love this product! I too pat it on over moisturized skin, and my 57 year old face looks so good!
Esteemed Contributor

On 5/12/2014 gotpaw said:
On 5/12/2014 iluvmakeup4 said:

Does it have SPF?

Regarding SPF in makeup, any good dermatologist will tell you that we don't generally apply makeup heavily enough to get adequate SPF protection. So unless you're slathering on a really heavy layer of foundation - a look nobody wants - you should apply a separate sunscreen.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett