Regular Contributor

I recently bought this foundation and I'm still trying it out. I was wondering what others thought about it. Also, I was considering the concealer but I can't seem to find it any longer. Are these items being discontinued?

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Covergirl Simply Ageless

Yes, I've tried the Covergirl simply ageless cream foundation and the cream concealer. They are OK for full coverage. i think the concealer has been discontinued. I found that blending was a must for these as they tended to magnify pores.
Valued Contributor

I used to wear this daily but now find it too heavy as my skin improved. I liked the L'Oreal Repair Absolute better but sadly that's been discontinued. Be aware though the sunscreen it has isn't full spectrum and won't protect much against UVA which are the aging rays. That's why they also add zinc oxide to titanium dioxide. This just contains the titanium. Drugstore.com doesn't have the Simply Ageless foundation on their website. Hope it's not going away too, as I would wear it in the evening when I want a little more coverage doing a full makeup.

Regular Contributor

Blondelle-Thanks for the sunscreen tip. I wondered about that, so I used by moisturizer with sunscreen under it. The finish is amazing.
Super Contributor

I recently bought the Cover Girl CLEAN Whipped Cream makeup and I love it.

Esteemed Contributor

A couple of years ago Clinique discontinued my favorite foundation and I spent (wasted) a lot of money trying out different foundations for a replacement. I started with the more expensive dept. store brands and in desperation moved on to drugstore brands. It turned out that CoverGirl Simply Ageless foundation was just perfect for me! My skin is "mature" but not dry, and I've never, ever used a cream foundation before. But this one gives me the moderate coverage I need and a dewy finish to boot. I pat or press it onto my skin with the sponge instead of rubbing. It's amazing to me that I'm getting compliments on my skin for the first time in my life. As for sunscreen, I always wear a good SPF 30 or above, so the amount of sunscreen in my makeup is not an issue.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Regular Contributor

On 5/1/2014 shoesnbags said:

A couple of years ago Clinique discontinued my favorite foundation and I spent (wasted) a lot of money trying out different foundations for a replacement. I started with the more expensive dept. store brands and in desperation moved on to drugstore brands. It turned out that CoverGirl Simply Ageless foundation was just perfect for me! My skin is "mature" but not dry, and I've never, ever used a cream foundation before. But this one gives me the moderate coverage I need and a dewy finish to boot. I pat or press it onto my skin with the sponge instead of rubbing. It's amazing to me that I'm getting compliments on my skin for the first time in my life. As for sunscreen, I always wear a good SPF 30 or above, so the amount of sunscreen in my makeup is not an issue.

I used this foundation today. I applied it more than medium coverage just to see the affect and wear. I've had it on all day. I haven't seen much separation in the usual area by the brows but I didn't blot either. I can't believe the beautiful finish this foundation has. I've pretty much always used high-end mu and this definitely works as good or better than some of the others I've tried.

Super Contributor

It looks like the concealer has been discontinued, but not the foundation. I used to use the concealer, but am now using maybelline age rewind, which I like better.

Regular Contributor

Is this foundation ""bad"" for the skin? I'm used to wearing mineral mu and I've used the IT CC YSBB cream.

Regular Contributor

Sorry to have to bump, but I really need some feedback.

Someone told me this foundation is bad for me or my skin (I thought the niacinamide in it was a good thing), but I get such a beautiful finish. Yes, this is coming from persons who use natural and/or department store mu. I want to make good decisions about mu and skincare, but I am sensitive to some of the natural and/or organic products I've used in the past. I really appreciate everyone's feedback. Like I said, it is affordable, quick & easy application, and the finish is very smooth. I did check Paula's rating but I just don't get the results she indicates I should expect in her review. For the record, I'm sensitive, acne-prone, and combo skin. I use mostly PC skincare, some NCN, and CeraVe at the moment. I have used BE skincare in the past (some I was sensitive to).